Ch.1 - Blue-Eyed Devil

Estrella on the side >>>>

Estrella's Pov

They say most of your brain shuts down in cryo-sleep. All but the primitive side, the animal side. No wonder I'm still awake. Transporting us with civilians. Sounded like 40, 40-plus. Heard an Arab voice. Some hoodoo holyman, probably on his way to New Mecca. But what route? What route? I smelt a woman. Sweat, boots, tool belt, leather. Prospector type. Free settlers. And they only take the back roads. And here's my real problem. Mr. Johns... the blue-eyed devil. Planning on taking me back to the slam... only this time he picked a ghost lane. A longtime between stops. A long time for something to go wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The chains stung my wrist but it didn't affect me, it never did. I heard some shuffleing. Smelt a musky scent that had my nose scrunching in disgust. I had a blindfold covering my eyes but I could still see, just barely. Saw green letters on a cyro-tube infront of me. 'DANGER! CAUTION!' Ran along it.

This peice of shit plane called Hunter-Gratzner suddenly jerked forward, causing me to hit the door of my cyro-tube . Grunting in pain, I started pulling on my restraints. Another jerk caused me to slam into the door again, cracking it. Realizing how weak the glass was, i held my chains infront of me. When the ship jerked again, I used the momentum to brake my cuffs and crashed into the door, shattering the glass.

Rolling on the floor, i pulled myself up, only to be slammed back down as the ship plummeted onto some planet. I once again tried to get back up. Succeeding, i stood up, grabbed my bag out of the compartment that was under my cyro-tube and ran out of the plane. Groaning with pain when I walked outside, my sensitive eyes snapping shut immediatly. Desert, sand, heat, and bright light reached my senses. I blindly searched my pockets for my goggles. Feeling a bump in my front right pocket, I grabbed my goggles and slid them on, relieving my eyes of the bright white light.

Out of nowhere, something heavy hit me from behind, forcing me face first into the blazing sand. I grunted as this thing's weight crushed me. Turning my head slightly, blonde hair and a familiar face had my eyes narrowing with pure hatred. Johns. The blue-eyed devil cuffed me and dragged me back to the ship. One of these days I'm gonna ghost him. I swear to God I am.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed the first chapter guys! Vote, Follow, and Comment! Thanks!

Estrella on the side. But imagine her with brown hair like on burlesque.