Chapter 1 - BATTLE OF EGOS

Today also ... Today also he is not at home. He forgets the day just like previous year. Not even one single phone call... Nothing .

                                             Nandini Malhotra, 25 years old wife of great music composer and singer Manik Malhotra, left a sigh as she closes her dairy. The only place where she can express herself now ... The days when there is particular someone who is always ready to listen all her nonsense talking long gone. The dairy now only bear her as it can not protest ...

                                        It was their fifth anniversary but still, Manik is not in the home. He even does not bother to inform her for a single time where he is. It is already 9 pm night so with worry Nandini picks the phone up and tries to call.

                                          But suddenly the crying voice of a baby is entered in her ear. Yes, it is their baby. Their 6-month-old baby boy Manan ..... She keeps the phone in its place and picks the baby up to make him sleep again ...

The phone is laying dead like their relationship ... In between the crowd of lots of untold words.

                                                               **********************

                                                  Manik presses his temple again as his head is paining like hell. He was busy with back to back meetings with producers and some other people. The last video conference was finished just a few minutes ego. He picks his phone up to check is there any call from her or not ....... But there are none. A bitter smile break in his lip. Today is their anniversary but seems like she forgets it completely. He opens his contact list and his finger stops on the name of " Nandini " and for once it tries to press the call button. But then he just throws the phone on the table and closes his eyes in tiredness. 

                                    The phone is lying on the cold surface of table .................. like their daily life.

Suddenly he can feel the presence of another person in his office. A hand comes from the back and starts to massage his temple.

" Aliya you are still here? " Manik asks with surprise.

" Manik what to do? I am after all your bechari P.A. I need to be here until you present in the office. " Aliya Saxena, his P.A. replies.