Chapter Forty-Five: Apocalypse Rising

Natsu

     Not many people in Fairy Tail wanted to fight in the war directly, but most of them agreed to help. They would track down Acnologia and send his coordinates to gramps' lacrima or help the civilians stay away from the impending battle that was going to take place in Ishgar. Once the other guilds heard, however, Sabertooth's Rogue Cheney and Sting Eucliffe went to us immediately after word of slaying Acnologia hit their ears.

     Unfortunately, the Magic Council also heard about this and all the guilds in favor were working harder than ever before to keep the Magic Council in dim light and oblivious to the historical battle that was going to take place. Time was of the essence now, and I lead all of our "soldiers" to where Eileen was waiting for us. There were only sixteen members so far, twenty-two if you count Zeref and August's groups. But this lead me to wonder; what happened to August? Why didn't he and my demons interfere when the Grand Magic Games were attacked yesterday? Did they regroup with Zeref and Larcade? But this also made me think: Where they attacked by Acnologia's followers? The more I thought about it the more uneasy I felt, but I had to hide my suspicions behind a smile as we approached Eileen, who was waiting for us.

    "Natsu, I see you've finally arrived. It's an hour after dawn, you know, and here I was just about to go back into that city and haul your ass back here," Eileen said and I shrugged at her.

    "Yeah, well, we got some more company. I'd like you to meet Rogue and Sting of Sabertooth, they're dragons slayers like us."

    Sting whispered to Rogue, "She's also a dragon slayer?" Rogue nodded and said something along the lines of "use your nose, idiot". Eileen and I pretended not to hear them and I began explaining to her the attributes Rogue and Sting had and that they were raised by Skiadrum and Weisslogia. Eileen perked up when I mentioned the names of the dragons.

    "They're the sons of Weisslogia and Skiadrum?" Eileen asked and I nodded. "Interesting."

    "You knew Skiadrum?" Rogue asked.

    "Yes, Metallicana and Weisslogia were soldiers, Igneel was a general and my advisor, Grandineey was our best paramedic, and Skiadrum was our finest chef for the troops. They were all powerful dragons and had undying loyalty to their kingdom, but that's a story for another day. For now, we have to return to Tenroujima." She stood up and began stretching herself out, but Sting only laughed obnoxiously in the background.

    "Hate to break it to you, lady, but there are only four exceeds here and twelve of us. How exactly do you plan on taking us there? And don't you dare say by ship!" Sting snapped only to get punched on the back of the head by Rogue. Everyone tensed up when Eileen smiled.

    "We don't need exceeds or ships," She said and the slayers raised their eyebrows in confusion.

     I held onto Eileen's fur as tightly as possible as the dragon flew over the ocean with surprising speeds, making all the other people on board scream in shock and exhilaration. Us dragon slayers were the only ones who weren't screaming, we all road on our dragon's backs before so we were used to the experience whereas Lucy and the other people held on to the fur for dear life. I laughed as someone threw up over Eileen's side.

    "Watch where you're puking!" Eileen roared and the person responsible cried their apologies.

    "Natsu-san!" Sting shouted over the roaring wind at me and I looked his way. "You never told us that Eileen was a dragon!"

    "I like seeing your reactions! Besides, it ain't exactly something I can just tell anyone!" I hollered over to him and Eileen gave a forceful nod, shooting me a threatening glare from over her shoulder. "What? I said I wouldn't!"