PART 1: Chapter 1

Edited

I awoke from my deep sleep one day, I had ended up in my older brothers room again, i had had another nightmare.

I pretended to be asleep at this early time in the morning when my worried mum looked round the corner of the door. My unfazed father had come to pick us both up seeing as we just visit mum nowadays.

I heard mum and dad talking.
"She's in there again..." My mothers voice sounded.
"She obviously just loves her brother so much Linda just drop it," i heard my dad say bluntly and harshly.

They sauntered away from the door and i sat up, mum definitely understood me more than dad ever had. I took a glimpse at my clock: 5:00 PM. Sounds about right for my inconsiderate dad.

I snuggled back into my soft blankets and mattress on the grimy floor of my brothers room for a little more shut eye.

~~

"Same dream again Lyra?" My caring brothers friendly voice sounded around 2 hours later.
"Yes same one, always is isn't it?" i replied with a grunt. I got up off the dirty floor and sat on the end of my brothers bed.
"They will stop soon, i know they will." Ryan comforted.

Ryan was a great brother, we never had any sibling rivalries nor had we ever had a legit fight. He was the best brother anyone could ask for.

I heard our parents arguing again downstairs and i looked at Ryan, i felt fear spread across my eyes.
"It's okay, they are probably just arguing who's gonna get us next summer." he comforted.

As always his comforting worked and we ended up with a friendly embrace.

Our dad came upstairs sighing over and over.
"Hey kids." He said with yet another sigh.
"What's wrong dad?" My brother asked like we hadn't heard the argument downstairs.

"Your moving in with your mum now.." he told us cautiously "I found myself a girlfriend and i don't want kids getting in the way of our relationship."

Now i was pissed of with my dad for getting rid of us over some girl, but i was good at controlling it, Ryan wasn't...

He screamed at my unaffected dad saying how he was selfish and inconsiderate of him to load us of on mum who was giving him half of the income even though they didn't even live together. He told dad how this woman would probably leave in a few months and that we would stay by him until it became to much for even my big brother to handle.

we both ran downstairs to our mother and we both got engulfed in her soft embrace.
"It's okay, this woman is evil by what i'm told..." My mum comforted.

Dad then left without saying goodbye, leaving our stuff on the doorstep.

2 Years later...

-*-

"17 years old sis.. how'd ya feel!" My brother said. I didn't really feel that different, my dad i hadn't seen for the past 2 years so i gathered he had ran of with that dumb ass girl.

"Well i don't feel to different." I replied.
"and keep it like that forever sis, cuz your gonna get older and older" he laughed at me.

I opened my presents, there was only 1 but i didn't mind, i wasn't spoilt.

The present was a phone, an IPhone 6s and i was overjoyed.
"Me and Ryan have been saving up for the past 3 years to get you that, so don't break it!" my mum told me.

I was overjoyed and refused to take it with me to my new school incase of it breaking! it was a lovely silver colour and mum had gotten me a purple case to go with it.

I loved my new life, then dad came back...

Hope u all enjoyed, please Vote and comment for more!! 1 more read till i make a new chapter!