Stress Reliever

I exited the school building and was immediately lifted by both my arms. I went into panic mode. Yes, I could have easily looked to see who had grabbed me, but that’s not your first thought when you’re just minding your own business, walking down some stairs. I thrash around as best I can floating in mid-air.

“Will you calm down Mini Me,” a voice to my right chuckles.

“Philip Michael! Stop calling me that dammit!” I thrash around some more. Dan readjusts his grip on my left arm.

“Y/N,” he groans, “Stop moving around!”

“Why are you kidnapping me!?” I demand, “Am I not allowed to spend time away from you two now?”

“Definitely not. You’ve gone this far out of your shell, and I’m not letting you back in,” Phil smiles down at me.

“But Phil, my dad’s home. I need to be there.”

“Which is why I have a plan. Don’t worry Mini Me, everything is under control.” They finally put me down, next to Dan’s car. Dan is nice enough to open the door to the backseat for me, while Phil just slides into the passenger’s side. Rude. Dan walked over to the driver’s side as Phil flicked through his CD collection.

“Panic or Fall Out Boy?” he asked the car.

“Panic,” Dan and I said at the same time. Dan turned around to glance at me briefly. He turned back around with a slight smile on his face. He started the car up, and Phil slid the CD in. Soon they were both singing along to the sweet sounds of Brendon Urie’s voice. I leaned back in my seat and watched as the scenery passed us by. I was slightly worried about what Phil was planning. My father was already home, which was never a good sign, and there was no telling what type of mood he was in.

We soon arrived at my place. Dan parked beside my dad’s car. I looked at it nervously, praying to the gods he was in a good mood. They boys jumped out of the car, and I hesitated a bit. Dan poked his head back into the car.

“You okay?” I shook my head to clear my thoughts. I nodded up at him, “Yea, fine. Sorry.” I climbed out of the car. I trudged up to my front porch, Dan and Phil trailing behind me. I unlocked the door and pushed it open.

“Dad?” I call as I walk into the house.

“In the kitchen,” I hear him reply back. I glance back at Phil, the man with the plan. He looks at me with a smile, and walks ahead of me.

“Hey, Mr. Y/L/N!” he smiles brightly. My dad is sitting at the island in the middle of our kitchen. He glances up from his laptop, his reading glasses balancing on the end of his nose.

“Oh, Phil… you’re here as well,” he says with no emotion.

“How are you, sir?” Phil asks politely. I stand behind him and shuffle my feet awkwardly; Dan is just a few paces behind me feeling equally as awkward.

“It’s been a long week,” my father sighs, “Thought I’d relieve a little stress by working from home today.”

“Well, if you don’t mind,” Phil began, “I was wondering if it was alright if Y/N came to my place today. We have a science project to work on, and I don’t think Dan and I can handle it without her help.” My dad glances behind Phil to look at me. I smile at him nervously. His eyes then trail up past my shoulder to Dan. I notice that his eyes squeeze into a slight glare when he looks at Dan.

“Dan? I don’t think we’ve met before.” Dan steps up then with his hand outstretched.

“Uhm, hello, sir,” he says quietly, “I’m Dan. I just moved here not too long ago.” My dad’s eyes flicked to Dan’s hand, before he grabbed it in his own and shook it heartily. I was still confused by the look he’d given Dan at first, but I chose to ignore it.