Week 5--Disney Night (Part Two)

Disclaimer: This chapter features songs from both the musical episode of Once Upon a Time and the movie Tangled. The songs from Once Upon a Time were written by Alan Zachary and Michael Weiner while the song from Tangled was written by Alan Menken and Glenn Slater. All are copyrighted to Walt Disney Records. 

All the stars and pros gathered together on Friday to learn and rehearse the opening number. Ingrid, the show's choreographer, addressed them as they stood around the rehearsal studio. "Disney Night is a Big Deal and we have to keep topping ourselves. The producers have contracted a songwriting team to come up with original songs for us to dance a medley to. I've heard the songs and I think this will be one of our best numbers ever.

"The pros will be handling most of it. You'll be divided into two groups. One will be heroes and the other villains. You'll have your own solo sections and then a big battle. When we get to the finale, then your stars will join you," she finished.

Ruby raised her arm. "Will we get to hear the music?"

"Yes," Ingrid said. "First, though, we're asking everyone to take a seat. The producers have an announcement to make."

Regina sat next to Robin, his arm draped around the back of her chair. She leaned against it, enjoying the brief skin-on-skin contact as she waited for whatever announcement the Powers That Be had for them.

"So, we all have a surprise for you in honor of Disney Night," Isaac started. "Disney has been really great and given you all tickets to Disneyland for Saturday. We're just going to need the names of whoever you are bringing so Disney knows. Everyone will be escorted by cast members and given the VIP treatment."

"Roland is going to love that. He's been begging me to take him to Disneyland forever. I wanted to wait for him to be older," Robin whispered to her.

She nodded and whispered back: "Henry and I have gone several times. He'll be excited to go again and show everything off to Roland."

"Sounds like fun," he said before turning his attention back to Isaac.

As Isaac gave them all the logistics for their visit, Regina found her mind wandering. Her conversation with Robin was still on her mind. She knew being professional was for the best and that their relationship needed to stay platonic for now. Yet her senses were heightened around him. Could she spend a whole day at the happiest place on earth as just his friend? Or would she betray herself?

*****

The show sent a limo to pick her, Emma and Henry up for their day at Disneyland. Robin was already inside with his mother and Roland, who launched himself at Regina the moment she slid into the limo. "Majesty! We're going to see Mickey Mouse!" he said.

"I know," she said, holding him on his lap as the limo lurched forward. "It sounds like you're excited."

He nodded, grinning. "Papa says I might be tall enough to do the rides. Do you do the rides?"

"Some of them," she said. "I really like the Tower of Terror."

"It's closed, Mom. They're turning it into a Guardians of the Galaxy ride," Henry said from his seat.

She frowned. "Oh. Will it still drop you?"

He shrugged. "I haven't heard much about it. And it's not open yet."

"Well, there are plenty of other rides to do," Robin said, patting her leg. "I'm sure we'll have lots of fun today."

Regina leaned back, nodding. She held Roland close, listening to the boy rattle off all the rides he wanted to do as the limo sped toward Disneyland.