2

The first week of school went by exceptionally fast for Ashton. He was finally getting into a routine, which he loved. And he was also getting to know Luke even more, which he also loved.

It was Friday before he knew it, and it was lunchtime. Ashton and Luke were goofing around as usual, Luke being even more touchy than he usually was. Luke didn't know what it was about Ashton, because he was literally never like this.

With anyone.

But Ashton was special. He was cute, smart, funny, and nice. And he just couldn't get the smiley boy off his mind. They ended up outside, and were just talking.

"Hey Ash?" Luke asked, stopping around the tennis courts. "Yeah?" Ashton stopped, looking into Luke's bright, sky-blue eyes. "I-never mind." Luke stopped himself, biting his lip. Ashton shrugged. "Okay." He said, but shivered. "It's cold out here." Ashton giggled, rubbing his hands together. "Oh." Luke said, taking off his sweater.

"Well, you can have mine." Luke shrugged, not thinking much of it. "O-okay." Ashton blushed, taking the sweater out of Luke's hands and putting it on, realizing after a minute or so the 'Hemmings' was emblazoned on the back. He blushed an even brighter pink, the color dusting his cheeks and nose.

"Thank you." He giggled, and Luke grinned. "No big deal." He said, looking over at the school as the bell rang. "Wanna skip?" He asked, and Ashton nodded eagerly. "Yeah. School is bullshit." Ashton said, and Luke looked at him in surprise.

"What?" Ashton asked, and Luke scoffed. "I just didn't think you were like that...skipping school, cussing it out...I don't know. Mind if I smoke?" Luke finished off, and Ashton licked his lips. "I don't mind at all." He said, and Luke pulled a pack of cigarettes out of his back pocket, pulling out a lighter and lighting one off, sticking it in his mouth.

Ashton watched intently, he was never interested in anything more than he was with what Luke did. It's like everything he did was so mesmerizing, even something as simple as lighting a smoke. "What?" Luke asked, scoffing. "Nothing." Ashton smiled.

"Can I ask you something?" Luke finally asked after a comfortable silence. "Of course." Ashton smiled, taking a step closer to Luke, who had put out his cigarette. "Am I your best friend?" Luke asked, leaning back on a car hood. "Hm...I don't know." Ashton shrugged, and Luke wrapped his arms around the boy's waist. Ashton squealed, and giggled as he nuzzled his nose into Luke's neck, resting his arms around Luke's shoulders.

"Okay, okay, you're my best friend." Ashton said, muffled by Luke's neck. Luke let go, and Ashton grew sad by the loss of contact. "Is it okay if I come to your footie game tonight?" Ashton asked, pulling the sleeves of Luke's hoodie into sweater paws. "My what?" Luke laughed, and Ashton mentally smacked the palm of his hand against his forehead. "Oh, do you call it soccer here?" He asked, and Luke nodded, growing increasingly fond of Ashton's dimples.

"Oh fück. Do we have a game tonight?" Luke asked, jumping up, causing Ashton to flinch. "I'm sorry, I scared you?" He suddenly asked, placing a delicate hand on the boy's shoulder. "It's fine." Ashton said, and Luke dropped his hand. "And yes, you have a game tonight." He added, and Luke swore under his breath.

"That must be the 7th hour bell." Ashton noted as a bell went off by the school. "Want to go?" He asked Luke, and he nodded. "Sure."

*

Ashton walked home, kicking stones as he went. He smiled to himself as he thought about the day, Luke's sweater still around him. Ashton shivered as he pulled the sleeves of Luke's hoodie up to his hands, walking the steps to his front door.

Ashton unlocked the door and sighed at the empty house. He just wished he could talk to somebody about all this stuff that was going on. Somebody that would be happy for him. Somebody that understood him.