9 | Apollo

EDITED

She will be mine.  So this kitchen slave is the problem - not for long.  With that last thought, I swiftly got to work: there wasn't much time for me left on earth before I had to return to check in with the Ancient Ones.

_________________

I went back to the skies, to my palace to wait and plot, plot and wait.

My latest conquest-to-be was nothing if not rash.  And smart.  And beautiful.  I couldn't keep my mind off of her.

Just as my half sister walked through an archway to the chamber I was in, I smashed my fist through the diamond wall before me, shattering it in my rage.

"I will have you, Cassandra, if it's the last thing I do," I vowed.

I turned to below for a servant, when I caught sight of Athena, making my mood go darker, still.  "What do you want," I snarled.

"It is not what I want, but the cruel game you play with the young girl who was to be my priestess."

Calm.  She was always so damn calm.  I hated it, and at the moment I hated her.  "What of it?"

She simply raises a single eyebrow, looking down her perfectly aquiline nose at me through those calm gray eyes she fancies look all knowing.  She has this trick where she will keep that look, her right hand on her right hip, to make you feel smaller than a dung beetle, less than a speck of dust.

Eventually it works on everyone on the family; Ares, Zeus, even Hera.  Hera does last the longest though.  Squirming at the long, awkward silence, I hope that she will sneeze as a mortal would.  Finally I give in.

Throwing my hands in the air, I bellow, "Fine!  I will no longer go to her, nor her brother.  Happy?"

She opens her mouth to say something, just as Iris arrives out of breath, landing less gracefully then usual.  Exchanging looks, we turn to her, Athena temporarily forgetting my new target, Cassandra.

Once Iris catches her breath, she pants out, "Did you hear? There's to be a marriage, and a grand one, at that too."

VOTE | COMMENT | LIKE | SHARE | FOLLOW | ADD