8 | Cassandra

EDITED

"Hello, Hellenus," I say softly, once I have calmed down.

Hellenus smiles weakly, in return. I immediately push down my suspicions, even as I him over inspecting him for clues. "What is it Hellenus? What's wrong?"

"I-I...I made a deal with the god Apollo," he cried.

"Come again," I said unsure.

"He came to me about a few years ago...he said he had seen you by the river Scamander. He said that he had to have you and---"

"Excuse me?! He said what?"

"Er..."

"Where is he? This had better be a god too, creep or not, and not just some creep impersonating a god. It's bad enough that Apollo's a creep!"

"Cassia!"

"Don't Cassia me!"

"B-but...he's right behind you..."

Quickly spinning around, I nearly tripped on my stola in my haste. Throwing a withering look at my so-called twin while I quickly straightened my stola, I shrieked in rage upon seeing who was before me.

"You!"

"Well, most humans call me Apollo, God, bringer of Light, that Disk in the Sky, Light of Their Li--"

"Stop! Just...just stop," I groaned pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Cassia, can't you just---"

I swiftly turned to my soon to be dead and disowned twin. "No. I can't. How could you?" I felt angry tears burning at the betrayal that was clearly visible. Hellenus took a step back, shame and regret clearly etched across his features.

Turning back to Apollo, I crossed my arms and angrily hissed, "I don't care what kind of deal you and my fool of a brother made, but I am not some object to be traded."

Eyeing me in open admiration, Apollo looked into my eyes for a moment, nodded once, and disappeared.

"Good," I muttered. "What stupid deal did you make, anyway," I asked petulantly, as I pretended to examine my nails; I could not bring myself to look at Hellenus.

"That if he treated you as a Queen consort for a year, without laying a hand on you in any way, he would stop the war Paris is setting into motion."

"Well I'm glad that...wait, what," I shrieked.

"Didn't you notice that Paris is back..?"

"No, if I had, I would have never come out of my room. Oh dear. Why didn't I listen," I cried, wringing my hands.

He gently took one of my hands with a small smile and answered honestly, "You do tend to get emotional and rash at times, twin of my heart."

"Oh Hellenus! I was thinking the most awful things about you! How do you put up with me?"

Hellenus didn't answer, but just gently stroked my hair.

"Do...do you think he would still take me..." I said humbly.

Hellenus' P.O.V.:

I was hoping that Cassia wouldn't ask. Apollo had come to me, and it had taken a lot of effort to get anything from his end. He must really want her. The Gods were fickle, though, not to mention vengeful.

I knew he would want more now to soothe his wounded pride. After a moments hesitation, I realized there was really nothing we could do. Paris had already set everything into motion, and everyone was just along for the ride.

When Cassia thought I wasn't going to answer, she looked up at me, with wide, tearful eyes.

VOTE | COMMENT | LIKE | SHARE | FOLLOW | ADD