VS Plumeria

"Hey, you!" The girl yelled, aiming a piercing glare at Ash and his friends. "You guys have been the ones who have been bullying my cute little brothers and sisters, right?!"

"Brothers and sisters?" Lana said, confused.

"Bullying?" Lillie asked, mirroring Lana's sentiment.

"Yes, bullying. What else are you going to call beating up their weak little Pokémon?"

"I don't know, defending ourselves?" Kiawe hissed. "You have it all wrong, lady!"

"My name isn't 'lady.' It's Plumeria, otherwise known as the big sister of Team Skull." The girl, Plumeria, snarled.

"So you're Team Skull's admin, huh?" Ash bit out in response.

"Hm, never really thought of it that way. Yeah, I guess you could say that," Plumeria replied with a cold shrug. "And you know what an admin does when a bunch of assholes go around bullying their underlings?" She pulled three Poké Balls from her belt.

"Hunt them down and take them out."

She threw the three Poké Balls forward. They burst open, sending out a Gengar, a Golbat, and a Salazzle. They joined the Grunts' already assembled Yungoos, Zubat, and Salandit.

RotomDex flew out of Ash's bag, then proceeded to scan all three Pokémon. "Those Pokémon are really strong! Be careful, Ash!" It squealed.

"Okay," Ash said. "Pikachu, I choose you!"

"Pika!" Pikachu yelled as it hopped off of Ash's shoulder.

"Now, Turtonator! Come on out!" Kiawe yelled. He tossed up a Poké Ball, which his fire-type turtle burst out of.

"Steenee, Let's go!" Mallow shouted. She threw out a Poké Ball too, and the fruit Pokémon materialized in front of her.

"Brionne! Come out!" Lana commanded, throwing out her Poké Ball. Brionne appeared next to Steenee, letting out a bark of determination.

"Let's do this, Snowy!" Lillie shouted. Her little Alolan Vulpix bounded out of her arms to stand with the other Pokémon.

"We can help out, too!" Sophocles exclaimed. "Go, Togedemaru!" The little round electric type chirped, running up and standing next to Pikachu.

"Okay. You want to play?" Plumeria sneered. "Let's play! Use Toxic!"

Half of the Pokémon among Team Skull's ranks charged up the vicious purple attack, launching it forward in a streak of purple poison.

"Dodge it!!" Ash, Kiawe, Mallow, Lana, Lillie, and Sophocles called out in unison. All of their Pokémon darted out of the way of the incoming noxious gas.

"Pikachu, Thunderbolt!" Ash commanded.

"Turtonator, use Flamethrower!"

"Steenee, Magical Leaf!"

"Brionne, use Bubble Beam!"

"Snowy, Powder Snow!"

"Togedemaru, use Thunder Shock!"

All their Pokémon trilled loudly in response and fired off their respective attacks

"Protect!" Plumeria exclaimed.

A turquoise barrier surrounded the Team Skull Pokémon. The attacks hit the barrier and exploded on contact, leaving the Pokémon behind the barrier completely unharmed. The dust from the explosions completely blanketed the entire canyon and obscured everyone's view.

Plumeria smirked. "All of you, use Venoshock and Toxic!!"

The Pokémon capable of using the moves sneered and fired off the glowing purple attacks. They sliced through the dust, blowing it clear out of the way, and hit Ash and his friends' Pokémon, leaving them injured,  poisoned, and twitching on the ground.

All of Ash's friends let out cries of anguish rushed over to their companions. Ash glanced up and noticed the gleam in Plumeria's eyes that told him she was about to aim an attack directly at them.

Without thinking about what he was doing, Ash thrust himself right into Plumeria's line of fire.

"I won't let you hurt my friends!" Ash yelled, his arms spread outwards.

"Ash, no!" Lillie exclaimed.

Ash glanced back at his friends and gave a wobbly smile.

"I'll be fine. I've survived worse."

Plumeria shifted her weight and placed her hands on her hips. "So you're the self-sacrificing idiot type, eh? Well, I don't care who gets hit, as long as someone gets hit," Plumeria hissed venomously. "Use Venoshock!"

Team Skull's Pokémon exclaimed in response and fired off the attacks, which merged into one big purple mass. Ash grimaced and braced himself-

Only for a dark blue shape to streak out of a nearby cave and intercept the attack with a glowing Cut. The shape's arms thrust the massive projectile into the sandy ground, causing it to detonate in an enormous cloud of purple dust.

Loud shouts of surprise echoed around the canyon.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!"

"HOLY CRAP!!"

"I CAN'T SEE A THING!"

The sand and smoke swirled around the gathered Trainers and battered their clothes, forcing them to shut their eyes.

When the smoke finally blew away, Ash slowly forced his eyes open.

They widened in shock when he saw a familiar ninja frog Pokémon standing in front of him, staring at him intensely.

Ash could only stare back.

"Greninja..." he murmured.

Hello! ChicChic here. Hope you like the story so far.

And...

ye.

Um, see you in the next chapter!

Edit(2022): I AM SO FUCKING SALTY THEY ONLY BROUGHT GRENINJA BACK FOR A ONE OFF EPISODE WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT