Alola League Finals Part 2

Gladion tossed a Poké Ball towards the field. Umbreon appeared, tentatively pawing the dirt.

"Umbreon!" Ash exclaimed. "I was looking forward to battling you."

Umbreon nodded in acknowledgment, the golden ring on its forehead flashing ever so slightly.

"You wanna keep going, Pikachu?" Ash asked his partner.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu exclaimed.

"Okay," Ash replied enthusiastically. "Ready when you are, Gladion!"

The referee put his hand in the air. "Battle Begin!"

Ash prepared to call out a move, but Gladion beat him to it.

"Use Shadow Ball!"

Umbreon formed a large ball of black swirling energy and launched it in Pikachu's direction.

"Block with Thunderbolt!" Ash exclaimed.

A bolt of electricity shot from Pikachu's body and intercepted the Shadow Ball. The force of the two attacks colliding caused a huge explosion. A cloud of dust flew up from the field.

Ash knew that Gladion may try to use the dust to his advantage, so he yelled, "Pikachu, start running and don't stop!"

Pikachu gave an exclamation in reply. It began darting around in the cloud of dust, being cautious as to stay a good distance away from where it knew Umbreon was standing.

"Use Dark Pulse while spinning!" Gladion commanded.

Pikachu, upon hearing Gladion's command, began to run even faster, hoping to evade the attack. It instead slammed headfirst into a stream of dark energy.

"PIKA!" Pikachu shrieked. It was knocked backward several meters.

The force of the collision caused the dust to quickly dissipate, and Pikachu could be seen lying on the ground. It shakily got back on its feet.

"Use Electro Ball!" Ash exclaimed.

"Use Shadow Ball!" Gladion commanded.

The two battling Pokémon fired off the attacks at the same time, then quickly darted away from their opponent's attack.

"Keep going!" Ash exclaimed.

"Don't let up!" Gladion shouted.

Pikachu gave a twirl of its tail and let loose a barrage of crackling yellow orbs. At the same time, Umbreon opened its mouth and formed multiple spheres of purple energy. It then launched them in Pikachu's direction.

"Dodge it!" Ash and Gladion called out at the same time.

Pikachu and Umbreon swiftly avoided the incoming projectiles, then each immediately fired off a new round of attacks. The battlefield became a whirl of yellow and purple orbs of energy, with Pikachu and Umbreon trapped in the middle of it.

Both Pokémon darted and dodged, but it was clear that they were each beginning to tire out. More and more attacks met their marks, inflicting massive damage on both Pokémon.

Finally, with a great heave, Umbreon let loose a powerful Shadow Ball that sent Pikachu careening into a wall.

"PIKACHU, NO!" Ash exclaimed, sprinting over to where his partner had landed.

"Pikachu is unable to battle." The referee announced. "Umbreon is-" he was cut short. The audience gasped as Umbreon slumped to the ground, unconscious.

"It's a draw, then!" The referee corrected himself hastily.

Ash was cradling Pikachu in his arms. "You were amazing out there, Pikachu," Ash said, gently patting his partner on the head. Pikachu responded by affectionately nuzzling its trainer's wrist.