three

chapter three
grayson

the waitress came back with our two milkshakes in her hands, and carefully placed the tall glasses in front of us.

"anything else for you two?" she smiles politely.

we both shake our heads, evelyn saying a quiet "no, thank you," before she walks over to another table.

i watch evelyn pick up the cherry from her strawberry milkshake and pop it into her mouth, pulling the stem out.

i chuckle and start to drink my own milkshake through the red and white striped straw they always put into them.

"how's your boring milkshake?" she giggles as she pulls her straw to her lips.

"perfect, actually." i smirk, trying not to laugh.

she rolls her big brown eyes playfully as she sipped from her own drink. she looked so adorable as her brown curls bounced.

i watched her small hand come up to her cheek as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. my mind suddenly filled with thoughts of holding her small hands in mine.

i immediately felt dumb for thinking that evelyn would ever be mine, so i pushed the sweet thought away.

"grayson?" i hear her soft voice grabbing my attention and i hum, waiting for her to speak again.

"what're you doing this summer?" she asks with curiosity.

"i don't know." i shrug as i chuckle at my poor answer.

"you have to do be doing something." she giggles.

"i wish the beach wasn't so far. i would go."

"oh, me too!" she says happily, "i love the beach. i used to always go when i was younger, but since i moved up here and i never get to go."

"oh," i play with the straw of my milkshake, "maybe we could find a way to go together?"

"really?"

i nod and laugh at how excited she was.

"yea, how about after school ends, i take you over to the beach?" i bite my bottom lip.

"i'd love that so much." she smiles widely, and her cheeks turn a light pink color.

when we finish our milkshakes, i pay for both of our drinks before i led her out of the diner.

"is it okay if i walk you home?" i ask, playing with my fingers before she nodding. my house wasn't far from hers so i'd just walk over to mine too.

she wore a cute little light blue dress that day which hugged her waist. watching her walk along the sidewalk in her dress made me smile. she was so adorable.

once we got to her house, i smiled down at her and expected for her to walk to her door like she did yesterday.

however, she got onto her toes and wrapped her arms around my neck. my cheeks probably turned bright red as i hesitantly places my hands on her waist.

"thanks for walking me home." she smiles and i simply nod with a smile before watching her walk up to her door.

i let out a breath i didn't know i was holding in once she was inside. the way she hugged me left butterflies in my stomach.

after that, i wanted nothing more than to feel her touch again and again.

really short sorry lol

but pls pls pls comment and tell me what you think!!!
:)