two

chapter two
grayson

i rub my eyes tiredly and groan as i followed my brother out the door. i was never a morning a person, but soon i wouldn't have to wake up so early, for summer break would start in just a couple of days.

i went over to the passenger side door of the car that ethan and i share. i hopped into the passenger seat and waited as he got into the driver's seat.

the drive to school was always short, since long valley was such a small town. you could walk to wherever you had to go right from your house if you wanted to.

ethan parked in our spot, which thankfully was close to the building so we wouldn't have to walk too far.

i grabbed my bookbag and threw it over my shoulder, gripping the straps in my hands. i followed ethan to our lockers that were right next each other.

we grabbed whatever we needed before parting ways and going off to our homerooms.

when i got to third period a few hours later and sat down in my seat, i was met with evelyn's big, adorable smile.

her brown hair was curled, making it come up to about her shoulders. the cute curls bounced slightly as she turned towards me.

"hey, grayson." she says as she gives me a small wave, making my hands shake nervously.

"hi." i reply softly.

stop being so shy around her!

she glanced towards our teacher that walked to the front of the classroom. evelyn sent me a quick smile before turning forward and facing the teacher. she was always a great student, she stayed focused and got straight a's.

when the long, boring class ended and the bell rung, i began to leave until i felt a small hand on my shoulder. i turned around and looked down to see evelyn.

"hi, grayson. i was just wondering if you were doing anything today?" she fiddled with those cute curls, her big brown eyes looking up into mine.

holy shit, she's asking you out.

"u-um, no." i shake my head.

oh, my god. you're stuttering.

sorry! i'm always nervous around her.

"do you, maybe, want to go to the diner after school?"

she bites her pink bottom lip softly, making my eyes drift from her eyes down to her lips, but i quickly look down at my shoes.

"yea, i'd love that, evelyn." i quickly nod and both of our smiles widen.

"we can walk if you want. you know it's not that far," she chuckles, "i came here with my friend, jessie, anyway."

"that's perfect." i say and she pulls down on one of her curls before letting it bounce back into place.

"i'll meet you at the stairs after school, okay?" she asks and i nod, knowing she meant the large set of stairs that led to the entrance of the school. it's where a lot of kids could be found sitting or standing around with their friends after school.

"bye, grayson." she waves before walking off.

i smile to myself before i walk to my next class. i knew my mind would be on nothing but her for the rest of the day.

i prayed that i wouldn't be nervous or embarrass myself at the diner.

after my last class of the day had ended, the bell rung and i rushed to my locker, stuffing all my books inside and closing it before seeing ethan walking towards me down the hall.

"what's the rush?" he laughed.

"i'm going to the diner, so i'll walk home later, alright?"

"okay, who're you going with?" he raises an eyebrow.

"evelyn." i mutter, shrugging as he smirked.

he nudges my shoulder and i roll my eyes playfully before walking outside to the staircase. i see evelyn talking to her short, blonde friend, jessica.

i walk over to evelyn, smiling widely when i see her. she says a quick goodbye to her friend before she leads me down the steps. as we walk towards the diner, we talked about whatever popped into our heads.

when we got there, i held the door open for her and we entered the small, brightly colored building. the walls were a light pink color and the floor was checkered with black and white.

the 'please seat yourself' sign led us to choose a nice empty booth.

a younger woman who wore a pink button up and a white skirt underneath her apron walked up to our table, asking for our orders.

we both decide to get milkshakes, hers strawberry and mine vanilla.

"vanilla? that's so boring." she says and i playfully roll my eyes at her, making a small giggle leave her heart shaped lips.

idk if i like this but oh well

don't forget to comment and tell me what you think!!

(also i wanna make more friends on here so hmu thanks)