Chapter 3 (Mess in Potions)

*POV Scorpious*
"This year you will be taking your newts. I expect that if you are here for class you are here to learn. You will be partnered with whom ever you are currently seated with for the rest of this term. I hope you are all up to the task." Professor Kyle says and I glance over to Albus. He and I sat next to each other while Rose sat with one of her Ravenclaw friends; that meant Al and I would be potions partners till Christmas, sweet! But I can't help but look over at Rose and wish she was my partner. "Today you will be brewing me a sample of the wolfsbain potion. This potion takes a while to brew so this project won't be finished today. Your homework will be to study the steps for next class. You may begin to brew." Professor Kyle says queuing Al to get the ingredients while I get the direction out. "Valerie grab some white rose thorns!" I hear Rose shout to her friend/partner as she sets up her cauldron. "Let the cauldron heat to 45 degrees before you add the lake water." Valerie shouts back as she returns with ingredients. They work like a well oiled machine. I can't help but stare at Rose and her long curled red hair, she's so beautiful. "Dammit Scorpious can you take your eyes off my cousin for one minute to help me make the potion." Al whisper yells. "Not cool dude I'm coming." I say with one final glance at Rose and begin to brew the potion with Albus.

      POV ROSE
"Valerie look out!" I shout as another groups potion flies across the room towards us. "Ahh" she shouts and we duck under our table with the other kids. "Why does this always seem to happen?" She asks and I shake my head. Just as we were nearing the point of letting the potion mature over night too. "I don't know, my question is why doesn't Professor Kyle cast some kind of spell to make it stop?" I ask. "I think he's a little preoccupied at the moment." Valerie says pointing to the teacher. "Oh my gosh." I say seeing professor Kyle trying to magical pry to kids apart, who were stuck together by a failed potion. How do they get the potion that wrong? I ask myself as the flying potion crashes onto Al and Scorpious's table causing their potion to explode. "Scorpious! Albus!" I shout before they emerge from under the table coughing. "We're ok Rose." Al says crawling over to our table.

         "Frezito!" Professor Kyle finally shouts and the whole room freezes. "McAdams and Jennings you added your slug brain too soon. As for Nott and Watters you didn't even brew the right potion. Detention for both groups, you'll be helping me clean this mess up." The professor says as everyone climbs out from under tables. "As for the rest of you finish the potion and leave them in the stock room to mature over night." He says and I go back to Valerie to finish the potion. But first I go check on Scorpious and Al. "Are you two alright?" I ask as they brush dust off themselves. "Yeah but looks like we'll be spending lunch re brewing our  potion." Al says and I nod. "I'll stay  and help." I say and head back to my table. 

                "Untouched! Thank God!" Valerie shouts and I smile, all we have to do is add the moon drops and stir it this way then that then let it mature. "Great, hey Valerie I can finish up if you want to go to lunch early." I say and she smiles. "Thanks Rose I owe you." She says heading off after her Ravenclaw friends. After she leaves it's just Al, Scorpious and myself as the others have gone to get cleaning supplies or gone to lunch. I finish my potion and put it up and walk over to the boys. "I don't get it, it should be silver by now?" Al says his and Scorpious's sleeves rolled up looking confused. "You stirred it that way then this way." I say pushing them out of the way to correct their mistakes. "Thanks Rose." Scorpious's says and I smile. "Al you go get lunch I'll help you guys out here." I say and Al nods gratefully as he leaves for the kitchen. 

            "SoOoo, what's up?" Scorpious's asks jokingly. "Fixing my friends mess as usual." I say smiling as the potion begins to take a silver color. "Well you're very good at fix our messes." He says and I laugh as I add the next ingredient. "Come here your helping too." I say and he walks over to my side of the table. "What do you need me to do?" He asks and I hand him a bucket of 15 dead slugs. "I need their brains in exactly  one minute and 17 seconds." I Say and he gags. "Stupid ass slugs I hate slugs." He says and I laugh at his reaction. "Al will be back soon I hope the slugs don't ruin your appetite." I say grinning wickedly. "Your cruel Weasley." He says chopping off a slugs head. "That's what they tell me. Hey can I tell you something?" I ask him. "You tell me everything Rose, go ahead." He said and I took a deep breath. 

           "Ethan Revel asked me out." I say and something flashes in his eyes but went away quickly. "What did you say?" He asked and I sighed. "I never wrote him back I've been avoiding him since we got here." I said adding in white rose thorns. "Mature. You don't like him do you?" He asked and I shock my head. "He's not really my type but then I thought, I haven't really had a real boyfriend. Sure I've dated a couple guys but I don't know. What do you think?" I asked trying to see how he would respond. "I uh... I think that well, you don't like him. Don't date someone you don't like. As for as a boyfriend you don't want him. He's a jerk, a snob, and an initialed racist." Scorpious said distastefully. "Good to know. I'll just tell him I never got an owl if he asks." I tell him. I was kind of disappointed he didn't seem to respond at all to me bringing up dating. I just wanted to shout at him, "ask me out!", but I wouldn't do that. If he doesn't feel the same way I loose my best friend. Not only that but if our group would split up and Al would try to be fair about who he hung out with. However as his cousin I would win the custody of Al. So here I sat dropping subtle hints to no avail. "Good plan. Let him down easy." He said sarcastically. "You don't seem to fond of him." I said taking the slug brains into the potion. "He's everything that's wrong with Slytherin. He's the reason we are still trying to put out a better image. I really hate him." He said and just nodded. Scorpions devoted his Hogwarts career to bettering the Slytherin name. "Understood." I said just as Al walked in with food. "Wow Rose you've brewed the potion faster than we did the first time." Al said setting down the food. "Thanks. Did you get carrots? I love carrots." I ask and he nods passing me a bowl of cooked carrots. "You and your carrots I swear you're a rabbit." Al says and we eat. We spend the rest of lunch re-brewing their potion and enjoying each other.

       AN/: I KNOW I KNOW IM LATE. IM SORRY MY COMPUTER BROKE AND ITS HARD TO WRITE ON MY PHONE. MORE UPDATES TO COME.