Chapter 6 (Hogsmead and Apologies)

(POV SCORPIOUS)

        "He what?!" I shout storming out of my room to find Ethan. "Scorpious wait!" Al shouts chasing after me. He had just come back to the dorms and was recounting his the adventure he had had. He told me that Ethan had actually asked Rose out again. "I'll kill him." I say storming into the common room. Al is close behind me pulling at my arm to turn back but I can't. I refuse to actually lose Rose to this pig. "Scorpius she said no." he says but that doesn't sway me. I saw the way she blushed and I know how "persuasive" Ethan is. "You!" I yell at him once I spot him. He's got his tongue down some random girl's throat even after he asked out Rose. "Me." he says pulling away form the girl. I punch him square in the jaw and falls to the floor. "You're gonna regret that Malfoy." he says standing back up and the girl runs off. "I don't think I will." I say and aim another hit at his face which he dodges. "Are you upset about something? Perhaps not something but someone?" he says egging me on and I go for an upper cut which meets it's mark. He falls again and groans, I go to pick him and continue the fight but Al holds me back shaking his head; I stand back and let him sit up on his own. "Leave her alone. And if you don't, next time you'll walk away with more than just a black eye and bruised jaw." I say and Al pulls me back to our dorm.

(TIME LAPSE: Morning of Hogsmead outing)

         "Where is she? It's been like 2 days."I ask Al and he shakes his head. "She's upset, you two had  fight, you know how she acts when you two fight. We won't be seeing her at breakfast, let alone Hogsmead, anytime soon." he says and I sigh looking glumly down at my tea. I can't believe I messed it up, I could have been spending the day with Rose today but now she's avoiding me... this is great. "I just thought this wasn't as big of a fight." I say and he pats back back. "Hey guys!" a bubbly Lily Potter says sliding into a seat in front of us. "Hey sis." Al says and I smile half heartedly at her. "Where's Rose? She's always with you guys." she asks looking around. "We had a fight. She's still upset." I say and the youngest Potter lets out an exaggerated sigh and rolled her eyes. "Fantastic. That's why she wasn't in her room? And that's would be why she's been in detention? Now I have to deal with an upset cousin instead of spend time with Alice." she whines. "Sorry?" I offer but just then Rose slides into the seat next to Lily. "Morning." she says pouring herself a cup of coffee, no cream and two lumps of sugar (yes I know how she likes her coffee). We all just kind of stare at her and she makes a confused face. "What? Did Peeves do something to my hair again?" she asks and begins to worriedly inspect her fluffy curls. "No your fine. We just didn't expect to see you is all." Al says and I see her blush a little. "Why not? You're my friends, why shouldn't I see you all." she says sipping her coffee. "Well...um..." Al starts but his more observant sister cuts him off. "Of course you should see us Rose, we're friends, we see each other. And I'll be able to come see Alice with you today I finished Travis's paper." she says with a smile. "Awesome." Rose replies and continues to drink her coffee. Lily, trying to put and end to the awkwardness starts up a conversation with Al. But I just look at Rose for a good while until she looks up at me and I quickly look away and sip on my tea.

(POV ROSE)

       I quietly drink my coffee as I wait for someone else to start a conversation. Lily finally does, she starts to talk to Al about how their cousin Dudley and his kids will be coming over for part of the winter holiday. I don't pay the conversation much attention because I can feel a set a piercing eyes on me, I resist my urge to look up for a while but I cave and look up meeting Scorpious's daring silver eyes. He quickly looks away and sips his tea. I wish I could read his mind and tell him that I most certainly do not have feelings for Ethan, but I don't think he would listen to me. I'm worried that this fight might be too big to come completely back from. Sure in the past we've had big fights, heck we have at least two a year, but this felt different some how. I feel like he's pulled away from me, as if he didn't trust me anymore. Suddenly I'm aware I'm staring at him and I look away, but he looks up begins to say something. "I'm sorry Rose." he says and  hear both Al and Lily go quiet. I don't think Scorpious has ever apologized so directly before, he's always had an excuse or he'd find a way to use other words, never a straight "I'm sorry". "I forgive you, and I'm sorry as well." I say a slight smile coming across his face. "Glad you two have made up so calmly." Al says.