Chapter 5 (Night time adventures)

(POV SCORPIOUS)

            Man I really screwed up this time. If only I hadn't brought up Ethan, that asshole was has ruined everything... not really though, it' all my fault. I should have realized when Rose first brought him up that she liked him. She probably wanted me to approve so I could convince Albus to not kill him for going after his cousin. I can't believe I would have been so stupid to mistake her friendliness for flirting. Gosh I feel like an idiot. I was even gonna try and make it through the year without one of Rose's and I's epic fights we've had so many of. Well that's all down the drain now. 

       I sheepishly walk into the Slytherin common room and spy Albus in a corner with one of the sixth years girls. I sigh walking into my dormitory. I flop down on the bed defeated. I lie there for a good while before Al comes in. "Dude! How'd it go!" he asks excitedly. I just turn over. "She rejected you?" he assumes and I sit up. "She may as well have." I say and he sits next to me. Al and I used to have that dumb no homo mentality and not share our emotions, but Rose helped us come out of that. She saw the benefit that it would have and made us start to talk about deeper stuff and that crap. 

         "What happened?" he asks and I sigh running my hand through my hair. "I... I well.. um, basically she could tell I was keeping a secret and she began to question me and I got nervous and chickened out. I lied and than said that Ethan was going to ask her out a again. She began to blush and I took that as a sign she likes him." I begin to tell Al but he cuts me off. "Wait Ethan Revel? As in the twin to the one I snogged? As in the jerk who plays girls left and right? Wait did you say again?" he asks flying though his questions. "Yes that Ethan and yes again. He asked her out over the summer apparently." I say crestfallen. "Wait and she said no?" he asks. "She didn't respond. The day in potions when we had to re-brew because of the flying potion mess, she told me about it. You had gone to get food and she asked me about it. She wanted my approval I guess. I was just to dumb to see she really liked him." I say looking at my feet. "Dude there is no way Rose likes that douche. She has standards. And if she really did like him, why would your approval stop her from saying yes?" he says and I shake my head. "I dunno." I say and he punches my arm. "Dang you really have it bad for her." he says and I punch him back as a response. "Alright fine, I'll do some snooping to see what's really going on here." Al says and gets up to go find Rose. "What about Curfew?" I ask. "You're such a rule stickler." he says and proceeds out the door.

(POV ROSE)

          After leaving the library I didn't go to my dorm room. I was to upset to deal with my dorm mates. I wanted to talk to my friend, Alice. She always knew what to say when I feeling upset. But now she had graduated and I didn't have a friend to turn to. Usually when Scorpious and I fight I'd just ignore him to blow off steam and hang out with Alice. It really hurt not to have a close girl friend at school. Of course I had Lily, but I couldn't bother her with this, she had owl class work. I found myself aimlessly wandering the hall until I reached Memorial Hall.

        After the war Hogwarts had to do some rebuilding. They remodeled one section of the castle as a memorial for those who died. Painting of the dead and statues scattered the entire place. There were many places where students could sit and talk to the painting but I felt like if I had to turn to a painting for council I may as well give up.

       So I continued on down the hall until I reached one of the deserted classrooms. Some of the castle is always deserted. During the wear time not many people were having children and many fled the country and never came back, so Hogwarts is never fully populated. I sank down into one of the chairs. Today was not a good day. Suddenly someone enters the room... it's Al. 

       "Rose for the love of merlin what are you doing here?" he says and I try not to cry. "How did you find me?" I ask and I notice a piece of paper coming out go his pocket, "Of course." I say realizing it's the maualder's map (AN forgive my spelling). "You two have one of your famous fights?" I guess Scorpious already talked to Al about it. "We have one at least twice year." I say bitterly. "Rose, you need to talk to Scorpious, he's upset." he says my Granger-weasley temper flares up. "He's upset! He's the one who did this! It's his fault!" I shout and Al winces stepping back a bit. But then another person enters the room. Gale Revel.

       "Albus! There you are! I saw you sneak out of the Slytheirn common room." she says walking over to us. "Gale, what an unpleasant surprise." he says and she does a pouty lip. "You aren't still mad at me or you?" she asked like a bratty baby. "Yeah I pretty much am." he says, she cheated on him when they were a "thing". "Oh come Albus you know you miss me." she say coming closer to him. "Ehm." I say and she turns toward me. "Oh Rose! I didn't realize you were here. Hey you know I think my brother was looking for you." she says and I blush. I'd been avoiding him profusely the last month. "Well then why don't you go get him and bring him here." I reason in an equally fake and obnoxious voice. "Actually he's on his way. he doesn't like when  sneak out so he follows me. He should be here soon." she says all ditsy like. I mentally groan as Al and I share a look of what do we do now. But just then Ethan came in.

       Of course. Of firkin course he does. I mean honestly why the crap not. Everything else has seemed to go wrong today let' add this to the list. "Gale you can't keep sneaking out after boys... Oh hello Rose." he says with a wicked smile. I think I've had approximately 2 proper conversations with Ethan, which is why I found it odd he was asking me out. "Um hi." i say blushing at the awkwardness of the encounter. "Anyways, we'll be returning to our common rooms now." Al says and grabs my hand walking to the door. "Wait." Ethan says grabbing my wrist sending chills, the bad kind, up my spin. I understood what Scorpious meant about this guy. He was a sleaze ball just looking for some action. I pulled my hand away and continued out the door. "I think we're good Revel." Al says as we walk off. "But Rose never answered my question! I owled her over the summer, she never wrote back." he says with a winning smirk. "I never got an owl from you." I said feebly. "Alright if that's how you want to play this," he says walking over to us, "Then I'll ask again, Rose Weasley, go out with me". He said it as a statement not a question. "No." I say, my response time surprising even me. "What?" he asked and i crossed my arms angrily. "I said no." I say back to him sternly. "No one says no." I says again and I laugh. "Well I just did." I say turning around to walk away. But I run right into Flitch. "Students out of bed! I got me a Weasley, a Potter, and two Revels out of bed!" he shouted and I knew I was going to be in some bug trouble.

       "I am utterly disappointed." Professor Magonigal says with her strict tone. "Two of my best students! Nonetheless two I visited ever Sunday when they were little. I thought I would have made a better impression on the two of you. I'm not surprised about the Revel's but you two." she says huffing. The twins had been given a weeks detention and gone back to their dormitory. "We're sorry Professor." Al says and I nod my head in a agreement. "Well I should hope so. Now, I can't show you two favoritism so you'll be receiving the same punishment as the Revels. However I am aware that there is a certain unspoken awkwardness between you two and them so, off the books, you will be serving your detention in separate rooms. Now I don't want to ever have this sort of thing happen ever again. You two understand." she finished sternly. "Yes ma'am." we both say and she nods letting us both go. I let out a breath of relief, I would;t have to spend anymore time around Ethan. "The crap I get into to try an fix you Scorpious's friendship." Al says once we're further away form Magonigal's office. "He's being an unreasonable, conclusion jumping arse." I say and Al rolls his eyes. "If that's what you have to tell yourself fine." he says and begins to go down the set of stairs that lead to the Slytherin dormitory. "Hey what does that mean." I say and he stops and sighs turning back to me. "It mean you two need to stop being so pigheaded and stubborn and just listen to each other." he says and I glare at him. "Pretty wise stuff from someone who hasn't ever had a stable relationship." I say and rolls his eyes. "Maybe I know more than you think I do Rose. Goodnight." he says and I huff heading up to my room. Once I'm in bed Al's words repeat themselves, "Listen to each other." he said. I do listen, I listen more than Scorpious does at least. I grapple with this statement until I finally fall asleep.

AN: WOAH TWO CHAPTERS IN ONE DAY AFTER NOT POSTING IN A YEAR! HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE THIS