Chapter 4 (Misconceptions)

(POV ROSE)

               It's been a month since the potions class incident and Hogwarts is lively as ever. The first Hogsemead trip had been announced for October 13. Only few days away! I'm so excited because my friend Alice Longbottom, who graduated last year, is living there with her parents and I haven't seen her since July. "Hey Lily, are you down to go to Hogsmead to see Alice in a couple weeks?" I ask my cousin and she glances up from her papers. "Umm, I don't know if I can. I may be able to if Professor Travis doesn't assign another 6 foot essay." she says and I notice the long parchment that she has sprawled out in front of her. "OK wow am I glad I didn't have Travis during my OWL year." I say and she scowls. "Yeah he's insane, but I'll try to go, if I can't you should go with Scorpious and have a little fun." she says wiggling her eye brows. "Shut it. Besides he and Al have plans to go out with their Slytherin friends." I say and she laughs at my loner status. "Rose you need to befriend your room mates." she says with her ever flirtatious smile. "Hey no fair, Alice and I were friends. She just graduated." I say and she laughs some more. "Like I said make friends with your room mates." she said and I roll my eyes heading down the library to meet the boys.

(POV SCORPIOUS)

            "Ok so Al I need your input." I say as AL and I sit staring at the celling in our dorms. "Shoot, you can ask me whatever." he says and I sigh. "I like a girl." I say and he starts to laugh. "No shit sherlock. You've been looking Rose up and down since third year." he says and I make an awkward noise and face. "How'd you know?" he ask and he laughs. "Dude you are not subtle, I can't believe Rose hasn't seen it yet to be honest." he says and it's my turn to laugh. "You and me both. Anyways... can I get your blessing?" I ask and he falls off the bed he's laughing do hard. "I don't think you really need my blessing on this one Scorpious. You should go after her. I know you likes her and I get the feeling she like you too." he says and I'm taken back by how cool he is about this. "Ok great. Um I'm gonna ask her to Hogsmead. Yeah and I'll ask her out properly there." I say and Al laughs at my nervousness. "Well go on. We're supposed to meet her in the library, go get her tiger." he says na does an awful fake tiger growl. "Please never do that again." I say walking out of the dorm and towards the library. I was going to do it, I was going to ask out Rose Weasley.

(POV ROSE)

         When I reached the library I didn't see the boys so I went to the back where my favorite sitting area was. I sat down and pulled a book out of my bag. I read for a little while until someone stole my book. "Hey!" I say standing up. "Hey to you too Rose." Scorpious says with an evil smirk. "Give me my book back." I say bossily. "Damn Rose so bossy." he says walking towards me. "My mother is Hermione. WHere's Albus?" I ask and Scorpious blushes slightly. "He's um not coming. It's just us." he says and I blush slightly. "Oh ok. So what homework do you want to work on?" I ask sliding into one of the sears and he sits down next to me. "Um I was thinking we could just hang out?" he asks more than states. "Ok. How's your goal of being a Healer going?" I ask trying to keep the conversation small talk like, I'm to tired to get deep. "It's going very well." he says and I notice he's twiddling his fingers, his nervous tick. "Hey what's up?  You seem upset. Are and Albus in a fight? Is that why Albus isn't here?" I ask worried for my cousin and Scorpious's friendship. "Oh no we're fine, everything is fine between us." he assures me. "Ok, then what's wrong?" I ask again. 

(POV SCORPIOUS)

"Well nothings wrong... I just... I heard a rumor Ethan was going to ask you out again." I blurt out the false lie. I chickened out, but maybe I could still save it. "Really" she asks her face suddenly flushed. "You don't like him do you?" I ask worryingly. "Of course not. You told me he was a bad guy, if you don't like him why would I?" she asks completely red in the face. "You do like him." I say accusingly. "No I don't!" she yells back at me. "Then why are you blushing!" I yell back at her. "Because I'm flustered idiot!" she shouts. "Don't call me an idiot!" I yell letting my anger get the better of me. "You know what, sod off Malfoy!" she yells glaring at me. Uh oh she used Malfoy. She only uses Malfoy when she's really pissed at me. I watch as she takes deep breaths to calm herself down.

(POV ROSE)

                 How can I explain how I fell for Scorpious, why I like him? How can I describe the butterflies he gives me when he hugs me? Can I even explain my own on and off feelings? How can I summarize all the glances we share? I don't know anymore, I think I stopped trying when I was in 5th year. But I do know I could never act on my feelings. Why? So many ask why, well not really only Lily and Alice know I like him, but when they ask I tell them the same thing: Albus. Albus is the reason I've never pursued Scorpious. I know how hard it is for him being a Slytherin, his friend group is very limited and it took him a couple years just to be ok with being Harry Potter's Slytherin son. I could never endanger his friendship with Scorpious because I know how close the two are. And if I ever dated and broke up with Scorpious, Albus would be torn between us. Not even just Albus, the whole Potter Weasley clan, they're all friends with him too. But it's times like this that I would be willing to risk it all to just fall into him. It's moments where the tension between us is so high I'd close the gap and kiss him. But I don't, because if my mother gave me nothing else, she gave me a logical head. So I step back and clear my throat. "I should go. Curfew." I say turning around and leaving Scorpious alone in the library. I force myself to keep going, I will not turn around, if I do I would break and go right to him.

AN: HELLO! YES I AM BACK! HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN? TOO LONG. MY APOLOGIZES FOR NOT UPDATING IN PROBABLY OVER A YEAR. I DOUBT MANY OF YOU ARE GOING TO EVEN REMEMBER THE STORY. BUT THAT'S FINE. ALSO I'VE DECIDED TO NAME THE CHAPTERS BECAUSE I FELT LIKE THIS CHAPTER NEEDED A TITLE. HOPE ANYONE ACTUALLY CONTINUES TO READ THIS!