Goodnight dark, lonely room

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping, and decided to check what time it was. The clock read 5:51 A.M. Oh no! I have to be ready for training by six! I quickly jumped out of bed, and threw on my clothes while keeping an inhumane pace. I can't be late. It's my first day too! I hurried out the door to the hallway.

On the way I grabbed a breakfast roll and ate it quickly. -5:55- I ran as fast as humanly possible. I scrambled through people, rushing apologies to each one I bumped into. -5:59- I finally made it outside right as the clock hit six and gasped for all the air I could take in. Only then I realized everyone's eyes were on me. I offered an awkward wave and met Levi's gaze. He didn't actually look annoyed, more amused to see I got here right on time.

"Well now that everyone is here," he glanced at me, "I suppose it's time we start our training." Everyone grabbed a wooden sword and started sparring with a partner. But, I looked around as I didn't know what to do. Levi soon walked over and handed me a wooden sword. He told me that he would help me train for the time being. I thanked him and we began our lesson.

Levi began by charging around me. I wasn't quick enough, and I was taken down swiftly. Dang it. I got back up and brushed off the dirt. I nodded, signaling that I was ready. Levi ran around me again and this time I dodged, but I forgot to watch my feet and he tripped me.

~timeskipppp~

In the end, Levi knocked me down each time, and never once did he say sorry. Classic Levi. I shrugged it off and chuckled a little at how weak I was. Maybe I do need this training.

Levi walked up to me, "Oi brat, you are going to need to gain more muscle if you ever want to beat a titan. You're also going to have to train a lot to catch up with the others if you want to use the 3DMG."

"I will Corporal Levi! Thank you for being my partner today," I smiled and then had an idea. I wanted to be on Levi's good side, so maybe I could make him a tea.

"Corporal Levi, would you like a tea? I can also help with paperwork. This is my way of saying thanks," I looked at him as he considered it. After a minute, he nodded.

"I would indeed like a tea," He smiled a little. Score!

Levi and I walked back to his office and he opened the door. Out of the blue, Hanji was sitting on his desk. Almost immediately, Levi grabbed the broom and swatted her off.

"Hanji! How many do do I have to tell you not to go in my office! Plus, you tracked dust on my desk!" Levi ran around looking for something to wipe the desk.

I sweat dropped and excused myself to make the tea. I've never seen that side of him. I laughed and grabbed the tea bag, putting it in the steaming water. I added the milk and sugar, then walked back. I knocked on the door and heard the 'come in.'

"I have your tea," I told Levi as soon as I opened the door. I looked around for Hanji, but saw that she was gone. I decided not to ask as Levi sighed and thanked me.

"Do you need any help with the paperwork?" I asked eagerly.

"I would appreciate that. I'm a little behind since I have to keep track of all these brats," he chuckled a little and cleared his throat. He patted the chair next to him, and I hopped up. He told me what part of the paper work I had to do and how to do it. We worked for a long time that night, but we got about a weeks worth done. So, Levi could take a break from paperwork for a while.

"Corporal Levi, can you be my partner again tomorrow, please?" I wanted Levi to be my partner, because I really wanted to get to know him.

"I suppose I can," he sighed, but in a happy way. I thanked him and hugged him. This time, he hugged me back. But, just a little bit. Better than nothing.

~~~~Timeskipppppp~~~

I headed out to see how Jus and Eren were doing. They were sparring partners, so I figured they might be doing something together. I heard the sound of laughter, so I followed it. All of a sudden, a bowl of soup was poured on my head. The pourers ran away before I could see who it was. Why would anyone do this?

A tear leaked out of my ear, and I tried to shake out the soup from my hair. I ran to the shower rooms and quickly got in. I didn't know why this made me so sad, but then I remembered.

Just go home!

You don't belong here!

No one would ever want you!

You're just a waste of space!

Your father probably died because he was too ashamed that you were his daughter.

I sunk down to the floor and put my head in my knees. I cried my eyes out, the water from the shower gently running down my face.

"Hey, Dad. You didn't leave because of me right? I hope I was never a disappointment to you. Is mom disappointed in me? I hope not. Thanks for loving me. Or at least I love you," I whispered to the water.

I got out of the shower and walked back to my room, my excitement from hours ago had left and was replaced with gloom. Everyone was already asleep, so I didn't have to worry about being seen. Or at least that's what I thought until I saw Levi walk down the hallway. But, I didn't have the energy to say goodnight. I was too exhausted. Instead, I hung my head lower in fear of any tears escaping. Levi walked by, but looked at me for a second more then usual, as if examining me.

I walked into my room and shut the door softly. I wanted my mom at that moment. I wanted her to whisper that everything was going to be alright, that she loved me. But, mom was not here. I was all alone in my dark, lonely room.

Goodnight, Mom
Goodnight, Dad
Goodnight dark, lonely room