E I G H T

Leo

Its been five days since Andrew passed and Aliyah is devastated. She doesn't want to get out of bed to do anything. She only talked once and that was the other night when I asked if she was hungry. I have been trying to get her to do something. I understand what she's going through, but she has to eat. I really miss Andrew too. When I first met him he was so overprotective over Aliyah. Honestly I think he hated me, but eventually we became really good friends. We all hung out every once in a while it was really great. He honestly became like my best friend. I know for a fact if he saw Aliyah right now he would want her to get out of the bed.

Two days before the accident he asked me if I liked Aliyah and I admitted that I I did. He was surprisingly happy if we ever dated with of course a threat if I do anything to hurt her but that will never happen. He told me if anything ever happened to take care of his sister and thats what I'm doing... well trying.

- - -

I knocked on Aliyah's door there was no response so i just let myself in. She was still in the same spot where I last saw her, but this time awake.

"Hey Aliyah are you gonna get up today?" I ask even though I doubt she will even respond.

I was really suprised to see that she actually sat up and looked at me. You can in her tired eyes that she's been crying and her hair was messy. She came close to me and hugged me, really tight. I hugged her back. It feels like I haven't had a hug from her in a million years. I can hear her crying very softly.

"Hey its okay I'm right here. " I say trying to calm her down.

"I'm sorry Leo I just... I feel like I have no one anymore. My brother was my best friend and my only family that actually cared about me. You're the only person who has actually been her for me since the accident and I really appreciate that. I know you probably want to go home and I'm not stopping you so you can if you want. You should your parents must be worried about you."

"Don't worry about me or my parents they know where I am and they understand. I miss you Aliyah and I want you to be happy and healthy again but you need to get out of this bed and do something. I understand what happened and I'm... I'm really sorry, but I am here now and I am not going anywhere." I say firmly.

Aliyah looked at me one last time before getting up. She actually got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. I followed her and saw that she cleaned herself up. She turned around and hugged me.

"Thank you Leo. " she whispered.