F I F T E E N

Leonardo

"You got a letter in the mail today" my mom said placing the letter by my bed then walking away.

I read the clock on my night stand 6:53 a.m. It's to early for this. I pick up the letter, it smelled like a familiar perfume and read from who it was from. Aliyah Jacobs. I immediately sat up and opened it carefully. It smelled just like her, she sprayed it with her purfume. I glanced at the paper and all these mixed emotions immediately hit me once I saw her perfect handwriting. Then I read silently.

Dear Leo,

Its been about a month since we were last laying on your bed, talking nonsense and crying. A night I will never forget.

Chicago has changed for me a lot. I found out I had a lot more family than I thought from my dad's side. My mother was on a run after they called her about me then they finally caught her and now she's behind bars for ten years for numerous of things she has done over the years.

I live with my Aunt Lily, my dad's sister, she's so sweet. Its only her that live here. Her husband, who was my Uncle Aaron, passed away two years ago, it's a complicated case of how he died. Apparently bad blood and then lead to him being murdered. It's sad even though I never knew him.

They have a son named Austin, he's my cousin, he moved away for college four months ago. He comes and visits every once in a while. He's really nice.

School isn't the same as it used to be. I first went back to my old school but everyone knew me there as the old me. I hated it so I asked Lily if she can transfer me to another high school across town. I got a car so I can now drive myself to school everyday.

It still doesn't feel right, I miss our old squad. Even though I went to school in San Francisco for one year. I loved sneaking out to go to the movies, arcade, bowling alley, and most of all the beach.

Going to the beach with you that first night was my first time ever going. I remember that night clearly like it was yesterday. Andrew got so mad when he saw me come home late and soaking wet. I don't know if you knew this but Andrew hated you after that. That was like the worst first impression you could ever do. But you know after a while he warmed up to you. I remember he said he trusted you, and that surprising coming from him. I think that's when I knew I could too.

When our accident happen you were the first face I saw when I woke up, and you there almost 24/7. You never gave up one me. Always came with a new board game to play while I was in recovery. Johnny was there too with you whenever he can. I miss him, he was my first friend I made there. Tell him I said that, he made such a big deal of me forgetting him before I left.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I could say that a million time and it will never be enough of how grateful I am. You really don't know how much of an experience it was just moving there. And you and your mother took me in when I was at my lowest ever. No one asked you to either, you just insisted.

Leonardo you were my first Love and will always be. I hope you're doing well. I know that your acting and environmentalist career will take you far. I want you to never waste a second of your day. San Fransisco is so beautiful and maybe down the road you'll pay a visit to Chicago. One day for sure we'll see each other. I miss your voice. I miss your beautiful blue eyes. I miss you so so so much. I love you Leonardo Wilhelm DiCaprio.

Love Always,
Aliyah

P.S. Never forget me.

Oh the love I have for one girl is insane.