Chapter 5 - "Courtyard Craze"

((sorry for the late upload! it's the last week of school for me, so everything is crazy right now o_o anyways, enjoy the next chapter! :D))

"What?" Bendy said, rubbing his arm against his face, "what's the big idea?" Mickey tapped Bendy on the shoulder and pointed to the wall. Some of the missing bricks in the wall were filled in with black ink.

"It's not the prettiest sight," Mickey muttered, "but it's better than having nothing at all." He tossed the brush in his hands. "Are we gonna go, or not?" Bendy and Boris both nodded as Mickey pushed the door open, only to see a projector screen behind it.

"A dead end? Really?" Bendy exclaimed, clearly annoyed. "We came down just for a stupid projector screen?" He reached his hand towards it and was about to smack it, but instead his hand went through the screen. At this moment all three of them realized that there was something mysterious about these albeit strange projector screens.

"Maybe there a portal to somewhere," suggested Boris, also putting his hand through and then pulling it back out.

"Well, it's worth giving a shot," Mickey announced. He jumped right on through with no hesitation. Bendy, on the other hand, was reluctant to dive straight on through. What if he landed on his face? That would hurt, and it would sure leave a mark.

"Let's go, bud," Boris gruffly said as he grabbed Bendy's arm and jumped through the mirror as Bendy flailed around behind. As they rolled onto the black and white area, everything became narrow. It was three dimensional all right, but with limited space. The only way to go was either up or forward, and in this case, it was up. Up a beanstalk.

"This looks familiar," mumbled a sarcastic Bendy.

"This must be one of my old cartoons," said Mickey, "and if I remember correctly there is a castle at the top. There doesn't seem to be any projector to get anywhere else." Mickey turned swiftly and was about to head through the projector screen only to realise it was off.

"So, that means there must be another projector screen to get out, right?" asked Boris, glancing around. "Or we're stuck here forever." Bendy was still not in the greatest mood, and being stuck in a cartoon with your enemy was probably the worst way to die.

"I'm getting out of here -- even if it's the last thing I do," Bendy yelled, storming his way over to a leaf of the beanstalk. He jumped up, and landed, nearly slipping and falling on the slippery leaf. Mickey and Boris followed with caution, and as they headed higher and higher their lives were at more of a risk. If they fell now, they were doomed to die, unless cartoon logic really did apply in this scenario. Most likely only to Mickey.

"I think there's a projector up there," said Boris, getting onto the last leaf and leaning onto the final ledge, peering over. "Yep, there is!" Boris exclaimed as he answered his own question.

"There's only one problem, though," Mickey began slowly, "we're too small to get up there."

"Oh, I can help you!" Boris cheerfully said, grabbing both the mouse and Bendy and setting them down on the platform. Boris then lifted himself up with the other two.

"Thanks," Mickey and Bendy said, ignoring the fact that they were still mimicking each other. Then they all dove into the projector, one after the other.

Mickey and Boris both landed on their feet. Meanwhile, Bendy was busy not trying to smack his head straight into the cement and was rolling across the ground. Eventually he stopped and they all surveyed the area.

"What in the world are those?" said Mickey, pointing to a weird purple creature, with one huge eye and two legs, sloppily walking around.

"They look awfully familiar to that big paint and thinner beast," mentioned Bendy, a little too loudly, as the creature turned to them and it's pupil shrank. "Oh dear lord." An alarm sound went off as the creature jumped up, rolled itself into a ball, and the creature became the bowling ball. The pins were Bendy, Boris, and Mickey. They all jumped up every time the creature tried to knock them down.

"What are we supposed to do, thin it out?" yelled Boris over the loud alarm. More of the same weird monsters began to drip out of nearby pipes. The three of them backed up together.

"That would be like killing them," Mickey answered. He broke into a nervous sweat. "Bendy, can you blind them?"

"Well, you can do that with thinner, can't you!?" yelled Bendy a little too angrily.

"I don't want to permanently blind them!" Mickey growled, skipping and hopping to avoid the angry eyeball monsters.

"Okay, but I don't have the hand of this!" Bendy said. He opened up his hand and faced it towards one of the creatures, directly in the eye. It was about to roll up into a ball and attempt to attack them. Bendy tried to feel a sense of power surging through his arms, and sure enough some ink came out. Droplets of ink. "I can't -- I can't do it," Bendy muttered, tears beginning to form in his eyes. He blinked them away.

"You can do it, bud, you've done it before," said Boris, who was very close to being knocked over. Bendy shut his eyes tight, clenched his teeth, and felt his arms nearly lock up and tighten. He could see a fast gush of ink launch itself directly into one of the eye creatures. "Okay, good, next one!" Boris cheered. Bendy turned and spurted ink out of both of his hands, eventually just ending up doing a continuous rush of ink and spinning around, sending most of them confused and blinking like crazy.

"Now what do we do?" asked Bendy, afraid that some of them might come back up again. His question was answered when Mickey jumped up and bopped them on their heads. Boris hesitantly proceeded to so as well, and Bendy just stared and watched.

"Let's go," Mickey whisper-yelled, hurriedly rushing Bendy and Boris over the passed out monsters. They reached the huge gate and with all of them working together, managed to open it and pass right on through, but after they got through they all dropped it. Which sent the loud noise of metal scraping against metal echoing throughout the courtyard. "Uh oh," Mickey muttered meekly, as they all saw the projector screen and dove right on through.

After passing through some of Mickey's old cartoons they arrived in a strange, town-like area, and there was Oswald, skipping down the streets while sticking a tongue out at the group.

"Oswald!" yelled Mickey from across the block, trying to run forward but tripping on Bendy's small resting body. He got up and shook him. "Bendy? Are you -- alright?"

Bendy muttered in response, "Low on ink."

"Well, we nearly caught that rabbit," said Boris. "Now we need to find somewhere to get paint -- er, ink."