Chapter 6 - "Talking to Townies"

((wow, can never keep up with the schedule can i?
school just got out last week and i'm getting an upright piano soon :P you'd be surprised how busy yet boring my schedule is. hopefully a longer chapter than usual can express how bad i feel for forgetting to update ;w;))

Bendy lifted up a finger and said out loud, "Hey, where are we now?" Mickey glanced around cautiously, seeing townspeople walking around the streets, exiting and entering stores.

"It looks like Main Street," said Mickey, while a confused look spread across Boris' face. Boris looked over to Bendy, and they both shrugged, having no idea what Mickey just talked about. "Let me go ask someone," Mickey finally decided. He walked over to one of the townspeople and waved, and he smiled and talked with ease, "Hiya there, do ya know where we could find Oswald the Lucky Rabbit?"

The townsperson eagerly shook Mickey's hand, "Oh my gosh! You must be Mickey Mouse! Do you remember me? I was featured in one of your toons."
"Oh, um," Mickey said nervously, an awkward smile managing to show through his usually happy-go-lucky face, "I'm sorry, I don't remember."

"Oh," said the other toon. "It's okay. Anyways, what is a famous toon like you doing in Wasteland?"

"Wasteland? That's what this place is called?" asked Mickey.

"Yep," said the toon. "We are currently in Mean Street."

"How did you get here?" Mickey said curiously, eyes narrowing.

"Well, Wasteland is where the forgotten toons go, but you're too famouse to be forgotten anytime soon. Haha, get it?" said the toon, as a grin spread across the toon's face. Mickey just let out an exasperated laugh, since the joke was so overused.

"Do you know where we can find Oswald?" Mickey glanced around and saw that down the street were multiple projectors and a statue at the center of them.

"If I'm correct, he's at his little castle on top of Mickeyjunk Mountain."

"Oh, thank you so much!" Mickey said thankfully. "One more thing," he added quickly.

"What is it?"

"Do you know where we can find.. ink?" Mickey inquired.

"Well, it's not too common, but I saw someone selling it earlier."

"Okay, thanks!" said Mickey as he walked away and waved goodbye. He went back to Bendy and Boris, telling them all of the new information he gathered.

"Interesting," muttered Bendy, still trying to recover. "Any other news?" Mickey shook his head no and Boris sat down on the ground next to Bendy.

"I'll go see if I can find the ink," announced Mickey, darting off down Mean Street. At a four-way stop he looked down each and every way, only to see a little stand at the end of the road to the left. So, he turned left. The stand was much like a lemonade stand, but instead it was selling ink.

"Hey, uh, can I get some--" Mickey began and was soon interrupted by the squeal of the townsperson.

"Oh, oh! You must be Mickey Mouse! It's such a surprise to see you walking 'round these parts! Would you like some ink?" The townsperson ducked under the stand, pulling out some bottles and setting them onto the table.

"What do you use the ink for?" Mickey asked, unsure if it really was ink.

"Most people buy ink for their typewriters or fountain pens. If I'm lucky, I'll have someone stop by and order large amounts of ink. Interested in buying?"

"Well, yes, but how much--"

"It costs 10 e-tickets. Have any?" said the townsperson, a brilliant smile spread across their face. Mickey sifted through his pockets, biting his tongue and then letting go when he realized he had none.

"No, sorry. I'll come back when--" Mickey apologized, then being interrupted for the third time by the happy-go-lucky townsperson.

"It's fine! You can have your first bottle for free!" the townsperson exclaimed, sliding an ink jar across the stand. Mickey gave an unsure glance upwards towards the townsperson, only to receive a grin. "Go ahead, take it." Mickey smiled awkwardly, took the jar of ink, and muttered his thanks. He returned to where Bendy and Boris were staying only to find them curled up next to each other, sleeping.

"Are you guys awake?" Mickey said quietly. Boris shifted slightly, eyelids slowly lifting.

"Yep," Boris drowsily said, nudging Bendy and awaking him. "Wake up, little bud," Boris said in an almost teasing voice as Bendy stretched out his arms and legs. Mickey pulled off the cork to the ink jar and dumped it all over Bendy. Bendy reacted and jolted awake, while his arms and legs flailed in the air.

He then stopped moving altogether, jumped up onto his feet and yelled at the top of his lungs, "I AM ALIVE!" Mickey and Boris glanced at each other with a nervous look as Bendy's chest heaved.

"Okay, moving on. Maybe we should start looking for a way to get to Mickeyjunk Mountain," Boris paused, "Oswald should know how to get out.. Right?" Mickey shrugged and Bendy just got on all fours and scurried away, investigating. Boris let out an exasperated sigh as he ran over and picked up Bendy, gesturing Mickey to come along as if Boris knew the way. The trio walked down to the end of Mean Street towards another projector.

Bendy moaned and began, "Another one? How many times..." he trailed off and gave the projector a glare. Of course, this did nothing because the projector was not sentient. Boris quickly picked up and wrapped his arms around Bendy. Mickey dashed through the projector while Boris and Bendy followed close behind. Once they rolled out of the projector, they came to a little neighborhood part of Mean Street.

"Hey, that almost looks like my house," Mickey said as he dashed down the street to the yellow home. He opened the door and Bendy rushed in first, Mickey second, while Boris walked in calmly. "It's, uh, a little different," said Mickey, noticing the thinned out wallpaper.

"Let's go to Mickeyjunk Mountain already," pouted Bendy and he grabbed Mickey by the glove and dragged him outside. The trio got a few glances from the nearby townies, but they ignored the looks and headed towards yet another projector. Bendy gave the glare and opened his mouth to go on a tangent about how many projectors they were going to encounter, but it was already too late as Boris had thrown him into the projector. By the time they were out, Bendy had realized something.

"Did we literally just jump through that projector, even though we don't know where it's going?" Beny said, partially annoyed.

"Yes," said Mickey slowly. He carefully made his way through the piles of junk floating on top of the thinner, over to a crane where a strange creature was operating a crane. "Hello? Who and what are you?"