Chapter 7 - "Oh, Oswald"

The creature turned and smiled, giving a small salute and then spoke, "I'm a gremlin, that's all you need to know. Hey, could you possibly help me? The end of the crane is thinned out and I need help putting a bridge on top of Mickeyjunk Mountain." Mickey nodded and then remembered that the brush would only produce thinner. He glanced in Bendy's direction.

Bendy muttered, "Oh fine," as he sprayed out ink to fill the gap in the toon crane.

"Thanks!" said the gremlin, lifting up a small can over to the top of the mountain only to set it down.

"Do ya... uh," Mickey started, "Know how to get up Mickeyjunk Mountain by any chance?" Bendy crossed his arms, glaring ever so slightly at the gremlin.

The gremlin began, Bendy's glare getting on his nerves, "You see that thinner waterfall?" the gremlin pointed out. "There's a little stairway that goes up and behind it. Though, I'm not sure if you want to see–" he stopped, only to see that the trio had ran off to meet Oswald.

Bendy ran up first, nearly falling off and into the thinner when he came across a black rabbit. He choked up and darted towards Boris, who on cue, picked up Bendy and placed the little devil on his shoulders. Mickey, who was now ahead of them both, turned around, confused.

"Took ya long enough," said Oswald and he got up from the step he sat on. "I've been expecting you, Mouse. Busy waiting for the King Blot to escape?" Mickey had turned back around to meet Oswald in the eyes. He had no idea who the King Blot was, despite his fair share of knowledge.

"King what?" asked Mickey. Oswald rolled his eyes in response and made a 'come here' motion with his right hand. Of course, the trio followed, but Oswald hadn't noticed that the pair of Bendy and Boris had followed. As soon as they got to the top Mickey noticed a large green bottle closed off with a cork. Something was moving inside and little droplets of purple and black seeped out. Oswald charged into the cork with his side, which plugged the bottle for now. "Is the 'King Blot' in there?" Mickey asked, voice almost inaudible compared to the loud noise that emitted from the bottle.

"Yeah," said Oswald, "I stick around here to keep it from coming out after Ortensia and I blocked it in."

"What happened to said Ortensia?" Bendy interrupted, scaring Oswald a bit.

"Who are you?" Oswald paused, then a look of realization appeared on his face, "You're early!"

"Early?" Bendy said, surprised. He squinted his eyes.

"Er, uhhm, nevermind... Ortensia is my wife, and when the thinner disaster occurred a huge, gigantic blot – what we call the King Blot – was terrorizing Wasteland. So Ortensia and I managed to get it trapped into this bottle... at the cost of me losing Ortensia."

Mickey's eyes widened as he glanced at the bottle, "Thinner disaster..." he shook his head and glanced back at Oswald.

"Hey look, I know we might've gotten off to the wrong foot here," Oswald stated while Bendy snickered at the pun, "but maybe we can – I dunno, team up? I could find a way to get you and your... friends out of here and you three can help me get Ortensia back." Oswald stepped forward, hand extended as a sign of friendship. "Whaddya say, pal?"

Mickey smiled and extended his hand as well, only to grimace and pull it back.

"I'm sorry," Mickey said, beginning to walk away.

((sorry for the short chapter, been having writer's block recently soooo rip))