Chapter 8 - "Temporary Team"

((been having writers block recently so i tried to write the chapter. hopefully it's good enough. after this chapter i'm going to have some creative freedom and while still following the rules of the epic mickey/batim universe, create a more unique story different to the games. anyways, enough chit-chat: ON TO THE STORY!))

Oswald's smile abruptly turned into a worried frown, ears bending slightly. Bendy turned his head to watch Mickey slowly trudge away. Boris hugged Bendy tighter as he felt the tension that was obviously there.

"Why not?" Oswald spoke. Obviously he was confused as much as he was mad. The mouse was usually kind, and that already ticked him off since he wished that Mickey wasn't so kind. Sometimes he had wished that Mickey was the opposite, and now that he was, he immediately rejected that idea and realized how dumb it was.

Mickey stopped in his tracks. His head hung low, hands turning into a fist as he slowly turned around. His face was blank and showed no signs of emotion.

"I was the one who caused the thinner disaster," Mickey admitted. Oswald's face lit up with anger, his hair stood up on end and he puffed out his chest.

"You!?" Oswald nearly yelled, clenching his fists.

"I found some of that weird paint and thinner, I didn't know what it could do... not until I overused the thinner and created this whole mess."

"You!" Oswald repeated, louder his time, and jumped fairly high and up onto the cork of the bottle. He glared down and tried to show dominance over them all. "You're the one who made me loose Ortensia!" he angrily shouted, throwing his fists up into the air while his eyes teared up. He bounced around on the cork, which caused cracks in it.

"Oswald," Mickey said slowly, "be careful –"

"Be careful!? You should be careful of what you mess around with, you – you –" Oswald stuttered. The happy shine in his eyes was no longer there. "Put up yer dukes mouse! Fight me one on one!"

While Mickey was attempting to persuade Oswald to get off of the cork, Bendy had jumped down off of Boris' shoulders and had sat down, and had chucked handfuls of imaginary popcorn into his mouth. Boris then sat down beside him with a nervous look that slowly spread across his face.

"Oh, this is going to be interesting," Bendy said like the total drama quee – king that he was.

"Whatever you say..." Boris muttered.

"Oswald –" Mickey gasped as the cork split in half, the rabbit falling to the ground in realization. The massive King Blot seeped out of the bottle and into the real world. A thunderstorm brewed out of nowhere, the Wasteland ocean below them crashing violently against the mountain. The sky darkened and the King Blot gathered itself up to show its true form. Bendy stood up, his short stature grew even shorter. Boris stood protectively in front of Bendy, Mickey started to back up slowly, and Oswald was busy lying unconscious from the fall. The King Blot looked at the group and leaned in to inspect them. Mickey quickly ran over to Oswald and tried to shake him awake.

"Oswald," Mickey whispered as Oswald jolted awake.

"What is going on," Oswald said as he stood up and saw the King Blot. His eyes widened faster than you could say help. "Oh my Walt." All four of them watched in horror, until the Blot made a move and quickly snatched up Oswald and Boris.

"Oswald!" Mickey yelled.

"Boris!" Bendy screeched even louder as he jumped up and tried to grab his friend. Mickey picked up his brush and tried spraying the creature with thinner, only to note that the small amount had no effect. The Blot held Oswald and Boris in his left hand while with his right he extended it forward. A droplet turned into a heart which showed his demand for one. Mickey and Bendy turned to face each other. Bendy still had a heart and Mickey had one too. Though the decision still remained.

Who would give up their heart?