Prologue

For my ballet teacher,
Mademoiselle Riana,
forgive me please.
I beg of you.

•••

I messed up.
All of my hardworks, my hardships, every bruise and blister, all of those tears, went in vain.
After my disasterous show in Sochi, I couldn't bring myself to remember how my heart ache. Vicchan's death still shock me, but my utter disappointment of Viktor's reaction. It sounds mean now that I think of, that I feel more sorrow to Viktor than Vicchan, my best friend and companion in my childhood days up to my highschool graduation. I regret for not taking Vicchan with me to Detroit. I regret that I couldn't sink myself in his soft, curly furs.

But none of those pain can exceed Viktor's ignorance of me as competitors, that I'm too much of a disappointment when I bombed my Grandprix career.

I shut myself after the banquet (which i get a big hangover in my life since the strip club detour with Phichit before *shudders*), and iceskating all together. I focused myself on getting my degree in University. I even avoided Phichit's ranting about iceskates, cheerios, and some nonsensical things. I couldn't bring myself to face anyone in rink, least my flatmate+rinkmate+best mate. I don't know if it's a good thing or not that Phichit knew that i need a time for myself, but I really appreciate the gesture and silently thanking him by making him my usual katsudon. With more toppings than usual.

I am about to fall to the dreamland when my phone is ringing,

Stammi vicino, non te de andare ~

Idiot-Yuuri, why don't you change your ringtone if it makes your heartstring shatter whenever you hear that song ?

I woke up (not that I sleep already), and see the name, and found my former ballet instructor sans godmother, Okukawa Minako.

My eyebrows creased up halfway to my forehead, its rare ...

"Minako-sensei .. uhn ... I'm okay .. I ate regularly ...Yes, i do some barrè by using my desk .. Uhn .. "

She always looks after me in all these years, even when I give up to be a danseur to figure skater. I still have this guilt, especially when most of her students in Hasetsu decrease drastically. Only me and two girls left, and that's 4 years ago ...

We chat briefly about Hasetsu, my parents, and Vicchan'a altar and his burial when my world is turned around by her next topic,

"EH ? EEEEEEEEHHHHHHH"

TBC

A.N. Hi! I'd like to hear your comments. I intend to draw some doujinshi to accompany this fic. What do you think ?
Btw, thank you for Korintia_eli for the cover! I love it!