4

Emily's P.O.V

"Emily!" Miss Finn shouted from downstairs, "Come down here and socialise! You've been in your room all day!"
I groaned and put my head under the pillow, wanting to bash my head against a wall. I did not want to 'socialise', especially with the other girls here.
Slowly and reluctantly I got dressed, throwing my clothes on lazily, and trudged down the stairs.
I entered the living room, trying to stick to the walls as much as possible and be inconspicuous. It didn't work, as everyone stared at me anyway, everyone except the one person I wouldn't have minded the attention of, of course.
Miss Finn walked in and spotted me right away. "Emily! Good to see you down here at last, why don't you help Hollie and Grace with their jigsaw?" She said, gesturing to the girls at the table in the corner, who were focused on an 'impossible' jigsaw. My eyes had been there anyway.
I walked over, and said a nervous "Hey." to both the girls. Only Grace answered, but that was to be expected. Hollie was deaf. Hollie was also beautiful. My breath caught in my throat for a millisecond as she glanced up at me. I smiled at her, and she grinned back.

Sara's P.O.V

I flopped into the sofa and pulled out my phone, and Holiday jumped up next to me. I started mindlessly stroking her as I pressed on Tegan's number to call her. The phone rang for only a second before it was picked up.
  "Hey Sara."
  "Hey Tegan!"
  "You sound excited," Tegan pointed out, "what's up?"
"Well," I started,"you know that girl they said could be perfect for us to adopt?!"
"Yeah!"
"Well, turns out she is! We've met her, and we're having a home visit tomorrow!"
"Wow! Congratulations, Sara! I know you've been waiting for this."
"Thanks!" I said with a smile in my voice, "although it's not definite yet, I really hope that we can adopt her."
"I'm sure it will work out, you deserve this happiness Sara." Tegan said, and I could tell she meant it.
"Stop! You're gonna make me cry!" I laughed.
Tegan chuckled. "So, what's she like?"
  "Well, she seems nice. She wasn't very chatty but I'll chalk that up to nerves, and the fact that we were nervous as well probably didn't help!" I rambled.
  "It probably didn't, but it's to be expected, it's a very nerve-wracking thing!"
  Tegan always knows how to calm me down.
  "Thanks, Tee. I suppose I'm still a bit anxious, now about the visit!" I admitted.
  "Relax, everything's going to be awkward the first time you meet, and I'm sure it will be much more relaxed next time, and even more once you two get to know her more." Tegan reassured me.
  "Yeah, hopefully you're right. . . Oh, and you're gonna have to meet her at some point!"
  "I will, and I look forward to it!" Tegan exclaimed, "But I'll let her get used to you and Stace first."
  "That's probably best."

  Me and Tegan talked for a little while longer before hanging up. I went to bed with Stacy and curled up with Mickey to have a good night's sleep before the big day.