-|-

I opened the wooden window, the red paint cracked all around the corners. This was supposed to be a place I eventually forgot about, but you can't really erase the place you grew up in, especially if you also realize it's only natural to die there.

The moment the warm summer breeze grazed my face, touched my hair and once I finally took that last breath, I realized how much people never cared. Maybe they did. But the truth is - they never do, not like they do once you're dead. So I felt it was only fair not to care about them for once.

And then I jumped out of the 5 story building I had spent 11 years of my life in. To be honest, why I chose to die this way was beyond me. The place made no sense, considering I hadn't been here for years, I suppose the timing did. But what I did know was why I wanted to do so.

I liked to believe I did this for myself, but I knew and I could admit it, because I didn't like to portray myself as a coward, unconsciously, I knew it was that night out, that talk with my dad, the stress about moving away and, last but not least, ladies and gentleman, it was because before exactly 6 months and 2 hours I thought accepting a joint from the most beautiful girl I'd ever laid eyes on would have no other consequence than getting higher than the ginger on "Pineapple express".

Who knew such an innocent looking girl with these damned chocolate eyes would become the very reason I finally lived life to the fullest and eventually wanted to end my 18-year-old life.