Chapter 5

Dark Willow was appalled at the shrine Angel had made in Buffy's honor. It was like he was obsessed with her. Why did he want Cordy tortured? Dark Willow wondered.

Then it happened...her keen hearing was hearing Angel's conversation upstairs with Halfrek.

"You promised that this Dark Willow would succeed at torturing Cordy!"

"Giles' interrupted it!"

"So you failed to follow on our deal?!"

"She'll do it. I guarantee it!"

"Too late!"

Halfrek grabbed Angel and brought him downstairs to the dungeon and threw him in the cell with Dark Willow.

"So, you were working with Halfrek?"

"What can I say...he made me an offer I couldn't refuse?" Angel said not wanting to reveal the real reason.

"What's really going on?"

Halfrek motioned to Dark Willow to come to the bars.

"If you promise to work for me, I'll let you out of this prison."

"What do I have to do?" Dark Willow asked him.

"Bring the Slayer to me." Halfrek told her.

"That's all?"

"Angel failed. Will you?"

"No."

Halfrek let Dark Willow out on her promise to bring back Buffy.

"What did you do that for?" Angel asked.

"You reneged on your promise." Halfrek said. "I found someone else to do your work."

Halfrek left Angel inside the cell to stare at the shrine he made to Buffy.

"Damn you Halfrek! You'll pay for turning against me!" Angel vowed as he looked for a way out of the prison he made.