🌴One🌴

- word count of 385 -

The loud music plays through the speakers, hyping up the crowd before the concert. The crew rush around stage, fixing things up before a man comes out from the shadows of it and calls for the attention of the people fixing everything up. The crowd doesn't notice until after they've finished talking and he starts to announce something.

"Sorry, ladies and lads, The Ghost Pools are having quite the delay. It seems that they won't be able to make it. If you would like to refund your tickets that's a-okay but they're rescheduling for tomorrow for those who still want to see them," the crowd erupts in groans and shouts, starting to throw things at the stage.

Eric frowns but doesn't mind, his mind drifting off as he pushed his way out of the crowd and to the bar serving chilled drinks and smoothies.

He doesn't order anything but stands beside it, answering his ringing phone with a swipe of his left thumb.

"Hey," he starts awkwardly, a frown still on his face. His nerves spike and he starts to rub his free hand on his face out of habit.

"Be behind the stage in an hour and we'll get you prepared," his manager's voice says clearly through the phone. He rolls his eyes at her commands but still replies manually.

"Of course," the line goes dead and he lowers his phone to place it into his pocket, but his shaking hand fails him. He drops it onto the ground, wincing when he hears a thump as it collides with the sand.

Tanner, a man much taller than Eric, moves forward and picks up the brown-eyed man's phone, a smile adorning his face.

"There you go," he shoots his bedazzling smile Eric's way and all he can think is wow. He wants to say a simple 'thank you' but the words get strangled in his throat. His hands are already clammy from the thought of the photoshoot taking place later – the one he'll be participating in. So when he reaches out to retrieve his phone, he makes sure not to make contact with the stranger.

Instead of actually responding, the blond known as Eric nods with a hesitant smile and eyes on his phone.

And then the shorter man walks away.