🌴Three🌴

- word count of 378 -

Tanner sighs as he sits at the beach bar, scrolling through social media on his phone. He sips from his pineapple-mango smoothie and glances at the boisterous girls stood beside him.

"I'm going to see the models! They're going to have all of the trends for the summer!" One of the four says in excitement, a bright smile taking it's place on her glossy lips.

"Of course," the conversation sparks an interest in Tanner, and he stops scrolling to listen more carefully.

Instead of hearing more, however, he hears whispering between the four. He sighs and turns toward them with a small, friendly smile.

"Excuse me, ladies," he catches their attention with three simple words and a wave of his phone-clad hand. "Sorry for the inconvenience but would any of you know where the fashion event is being held?" He asks innocently, as if he hadn't just been eavesdropping like a toddler to their parents.

"Well, of course! It's about to start soon, we'll walk you," the only brunette in the group replies. Tanner nods, following beside the group as they start to walk.

🌴🌴🌴

As Tanner stands close to the red carpet laid on the sand, Eric gets his hair touched up. A hair dresser's house was rented out as the space in which the models will prepare, and everything seems to be going by smoothly. He fidgets with his hands as another person comes over and applies some foundation and glitter to his face. At this point, his body is ready to shut down without any consent at just the thought of the crowd. He reminds himself of the kindness of people to calm himself down, but that only mildly works now.

"Here," the dresser says, walking into Eric's line of view. She holds up the clothes for modeling with a grin and once his hair and makeup is finished, she hands him the clothes. He carefully changed into them and she smoothness out his shirt, giving him a reassuring smile. "You've always been great at this. Who's to say you'll be a failure in front of a bit of a bigger crowd? Everyone loves you,"

"Thank you, Piper," and with that, he waits beside the door for the announcer to start announcing.