A Surprise Guest

Continued apologies for slow updates. I blame it on the fact that I'm in an increasingly fluffy mood and this is a more plot driven story. Further blame on the fact that eVeRY one of my shows aired season finales end of may/beginning of June and I'm STILL reeling (Arrow, Grey's Anatomy, Supergirl, Flash, iZombie and of course Once Upon a Time (WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE SERIES FINALE SINCE 75% OF THE CAST IS LEAVING)) I also finished school right around then and got busy with friends and work and my aunt took me to see Hamilton and just AGH! So good. Anyway.

----

While her husband was at work for the first time since he'd nearly died Ginny was rushing about the house trying to prevent any lasting damage from the sugar rush James and Al were currently on. She was never letting Remus watch her kids alone again.

"Sorry, it's just-" At least he seemed sorry about it.

"It's fine, nothing you can do about it now. Just. I don't kn- JAMES SIRIUS POTTER PUT YOUR SISTER DOWN!" She blew a stray lock of hair out of her face, "Outside, both of you. You can do less damage out there."

"Can we ride our brooms?" Al asked as they pulled on their jackets, and James nodded vigorously.

"Absolutely not," Ginny said, marching them both out the back door. Remus followed behind, holding Lily, who was now clinging with her arms around his neck to avoid being picked up by her brothers again.

"I feel I should explain," Remus said as he sat down on one of the deck chairs.

"I am curious as to how they got that much sugar in such a short period of time."

Remus chuckled, "It seems Fred and George have developed a new product and one of them slipped it to these two while the other was asking for my expertise on a different product in development."

Ginny groaned, "I should have known it was those two. There's no way you let them get this bad on your own. What'd they call it?"

"Still in progress, but they assured me after the fact that it had been fully tested and cleared before they gave it to the kids."

"I figured that; they'd never put their nephews at risk. Their siblings, yes. But not their siblings' children. Not til they're older, anyway. So is the express purpose the ability to rile up your siblings' kids before sending them back?"

"Well, hyperactivity in general, and it takes about half an hour to kick in but that seems to be the main selling point. They said it won't be on shelves for another month or so but they said you should be honored to be the first customer."

"I'll show them honored." She grumbled, "George seems to forget I'm not the only one with kids in this little prank. Fred II and Roxanne are fair game, I'll just have to make sure Angelina won't be there to take the brunt of it."

Remus laughed again, "You would have made an excellent Marauder."

"Well, I made an excellent accomplice to some of the twins' mischief so I'd say so. James get down from there!"

"But Al dared me to!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Ugh." She might just demand a portion of profits from this damn product.

---

Lily's day had been just as hectic, if in a completely different kind of way. While the attack was isolated thus far, no one in her Department was naive enough to believe it would stay that way if the attacks continued. It was true the Aurors were doing whatever they could to prevent that, but they weren't infallible.