Changed

Oh man, I could go on. School, work, Quidditch. Basically my life the past few weeks. Yeah, you read that right. I've been playing Muggle Quidditch with my school team (Yes, I am a college aged person.) We meet three times a week for two hours and it's been exhausting but so much fun. I'm even going to a midwest tournament next weekend! So yeah, I've been busy. Anyway.

----

While he was sure the shock would take a while to really fade, Harry forced it down for the moment as he circled Cormac. Neither had their wands, as wands were completely prohibited in the interrogation rooms. But, Harry still had the advantage of Cormac being cuffed to the table in front of him.

"My, Potter, going for intimidation tactics?"

"Just trying to figure out why you're here. I don't believe for a minute you were captured on accident. You've always been a little too proud, but you were never stupid. So what's the plan? Inside eye? Gather information and pass it on when we have to release you? Or is it more along the lines of getting a mole inside to get the others in? I mean, a direct attack on the Auror offices would certainly send a message."

"Glad to know you don't think I'm stupid. This would be too easy if you did."

Harry raised his eyebrow and was about to respond when a knock sounded at the door. He frowned. No one interrupted interrogations. He opened the door as little as possible as he slipped out and shut the door behind him. "What, Monterey?"

"You should know we found three different reverse Portkeys in his confiscated things."

"Reverse Portkeys?"

"It still in testing at the Transportation Department, but it's basically two connected items, like a bottle and a boot. If you have the bottle you can be taken to wherever the boot is and the reverse."

"Dammit. Put the items in a cell. When they show up stun them and confiscate any items they have on them and put it all in a separate cell. There might be two waves."

Monterey nodded, "Ackerman had it done as soon as we realized what it is. We also put all his other items in the cell as well, just in case."

"Good. If anyone shows up, stun them and confiscate their things and put everything in a second cell. We can't risk them having a second wave. If the cells are empty do it a third time. I doubt they have enough people to have more than that, but just in case, don't put anything in restricted areas."

"Yes, sir. I'll alert Ackerman." He rushed off and Harry rubbed his brow. It was a good thing he'd chosen a competent Deputy Head. He steeled himself again and walked back into the room.

"I was wondering what was taking so long. Get bored already?"

Whatever had happened to Cormac since Hogwarts had turned him from someone who was a little full of himself with a slight anger problem to someone Harry didn't even recognize anymore. But he had to keep him talking at this point. "Curious."

"What? Wondering how pure little Cormac turned into a good little anarchist?"

"Pure was never a word I'd use to describe you, McLaggen. But you were a good person. I saw you fight at the Battle of Hogwarts. You fought just as hard as everyone else did. So why do the exact opposite now? Twelve and a half years later?"

"Maybe I just got bored." Cormac said, examining his nails.

"I spent the first seven years of my life as a wizard connected to a psychopath whos right-hand woman was a sociopath, people don't create mass hysteria because they're bored. There's a reason, McLaggen."