Familiar

Khal's POV

Two months have passed and my mom seems to be getting better. Dad landed a job in a company as a secretary and I couldn't be happier. I was finally done with highschool and I was looking into universities I can go to.

I snapped backed to reality when my laptop made a bell noise, alerting me that CJ finally replied. We were playing truth or dare.

CJ: Are you sure you wanna see me?

Khal: Of course

CJ: Fine, but you have to promise me you won't Google or back search it, Okay?

Khal: I promise

I finally got to see the person I was falling I love with. And I gotta say, he looked absolutely handsome. [Handsome dude in a rough way description shit]

He did look familiar

Brushing off the thought, I typed her reply when her laptop dinged continuously.

Khal: Sorry, my​ mind went off track for a bit😅

CJ: Day dreaming about me already? 😏

Everyday, Khal thought.

Khal: You wish 😝

CJ: Ouch, you wound me

Khal: Awwww is the wittle baby hurt? 😔

CJ: Hmph

Khal: Don't be like that😢 (a/n:  where are those Discord emojis when you need em)

Our little banter continued until my mom called me for lunch. I typed a quick brb message and shut down my laptop.

"Coming, mom!" She wasn't on bed arrest anymore, and she could do more things without us assisting her.

My life is finally getting together again

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The sound of the telephone ringing brought me out of my vivid imagination. I was reading a book from my favorite Wattpad author, and I was at the fighting scene. I groaned as I stood up, walking to the phone.

"This is Trisha from iHop, may I speak to Ms. Khal last name?" A kind voice said from the another line.

"This is her, how may I help you?"

"You've got the job miss, you can start the day after tomorrow."

"Thank you so much! I won't let you down" I excitedly put the telephone down, smiling brightly.

"Who was that sweetie?" My mom's head popped out from the end of the hallway.

"I got a job!" I said excitedly, smiling brightly.

"A job? Where?" She asked, worry in her voice.

"Don't worry mom, I got a job in iHop." I said, still excited.

She sighed in relief, as smiling at me. "When will you start?"

"The day after tomorrow."

(09/19/17)