Prologue

---

She was not the protagonist of a novel or anything.

She was a conscientious student who had a passion to write stories of her own imagination.

But if, for arguments's sake, you were to write a story with her in it, it would certainly be...

A tragedy

-

It was cold. Colddarkcold.

Agh. Was she wet too?

Cold dark wet. Wonderful.

Okay. First priority is to get to safety. Find land, a shore.

Wait. Waitwaitwait a minute.

This wasn't her clothes. Something weighed on her face. All she can see were three lines in her vision. A mask? Yes.

Water. She needed to see if anything changed.

Her reflection. Her hair has been altered to a grey wisp, her eyes are still grey and skin still a nice pale. A mask in her hands. A white version of Lucina's mask in her 'Marth' disguise. Nice.

She shrugged and put the mask back on its perch.

Wait a minute.

She can't swim.

Logic, maybe? She didn't know. Maybe this is a dream, for her unnatural hair color and this cosplay-like clothing. For all she knew it was not likely some random person would dress in a costume consisting of a feminine paladin's outfit and armour.

She flicked the armour and cringed at the ring of the metal. She knew she wasn't going to do that again.

Squinting she kicked her feet under the water and moved her arms along the water. She tried to swim, unsuccessfully.

The shore! Land! She choked on salt water, hacking the water out of her system. This doesn't feel like a dream. It felt real. It gave a headache. Not knowing the difference of this believed dream and the reality she spent her whole life in.

She tore the mask off, splattering droplets of water on the shore. Where was she? She didn't remember any body of water nearby her home. She doesn't know anymore. Dream or reality. What was it, really now?

She put the mask on again. Walking to whatever direction that will lead her to civilization.

Oh man. It was getting boring. She wished she had her 3DS with her to finish Echoes. Only one more battle then she gets to fight Duma and Jedah. Now she has to wait until she gets home, or wherever that is now. Will her family recognize her with this new appearance?

Nope. They won't. They will just think that she was just some crazy person saying that they were their daughter. She obviously didn't want that. Her family doesn't want that.

"Hail traveler!"

Ah. Through the holes of the mask was a person dressed in rags of cloth. She assumed it to be a villager from the olden days but they looked like the generic male portrait of the villager in Echoes. Interesting- Oh. Oh god no.

How to continue? Possibilities, one she can act like she did in a cosplay performance or just act natural. Maybe not the best way then. She raised a hand in response and smiled.

"Hail, my friend. I apologize, but I seem to have lost my way (In my sleep. I woke up in a river or ocean. It's a weird ass dream isn't it?). Where exactly am I?"