mike and eleven - stranger things

The window I look out of is frosted over with ice and the town square is buzzing with energy.
Children make snowmen and throw snowballs, and here I am, stuck inside.

Mike says I have to stay inside so I can keep warm, but I desperately want to go outside. It all looks so beautiful, with colourful lights strung across the streetlight poles and little stalls strewn everywhere across the place. 

I stand up, and slip on my shoes. I reach for the door handle, but as soon as I twist it open, a gust of cold air chills me. I shut it and run to search for some layers.
Stepping out for the second time, covered head to toe in thick clothes, I see Mike carrying a box of tablecloths over to his mom's embroidery stall. I run straight to him, and Mike spots me when I'm halfway across the road. He puts the box down and yells at me to slow down.

I reach him, and stare up at the lights and the beautiful sight of lanterns hanging on bare trees. Mike clutches onto my hand.
'You look really cute when you're surprised,' he says, grinning at me.

I remember what Nancy told me about telling people that you love them, and I drop down to one knee. Mike lets go of my hand and looks at me, confused.
'El, what are you doing?' he asks, quietly.
I sit there for a while, and work up enough courage to say it. 'Will you be my boyfriend, Mike?' I ask.

Everyone turns and stares, smiling at us and whispering. Mike's cheeks go red, but he gives a goofy smile. He grips onto my hands and pulls me to my feet.
'I thought you'd never ask, El.' 
He pulls me into a tight embrace, and everyone around us cheers and yells. I close my eyes, forgetting about all of them, my head buried in his shoulder.

iridescent [one shots]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें