betty and jughead - riverdale

I stare at my hands. The fingernail marks have finally disappeared. Maybe they wont come back, if I keep my temper under control.
But how can I?

Someone knocks on the door, and it's Jughead, smiling at me. 'You look great.'
I walk towards him. 'Thanks, Juggie.' I kiss him on the cheek, pick up my coat and head out into the dark of the night.

We head straight for Pop's, but for some reason all the lights are off.
I push the door open and Jughead yells into the room.
Suddenly the lights turn on to reveal Archie standing behind the counter, staring into space.
The lights flicker, and turn off again. I start to shut the door, but they turn on again, and Archie isn't there.

Jughead stares at me, and yells again. Suddenly someone taps our shoulders and I feel a hand over my mouth. I can smell familiar perfume and I know its Veronica.

She pushes me inside and goes straight to a bench, sitting down in the dim moonlight.
'What's happening?' I hiss.
She puts a finger in front of her lips and the room lights up.
'Happy one year!' Archie shouts from behind us.
I look at Jughead, and look around the room. Tables are strewn with cupcakes, and twinkling fairy lights illuminate the place.
'You did all this for us?' Jughead asks, grinning wider than I've ever seen him before.
Archie smiles. 'Of course! Jughead, we knew you didnt like parties, so we made sure we controlled who's coming!'
Kevin, Cheryl, Joaquin and Ethel pop up from behind the counter and I smile.

The eight of us dance the night away, as Jughead and I lose ourselves in the special night.
And the only time I think about my hands is when Jughead's holding them.

hbd to meeee