Cheerleader! Reader

Requested by @Kirsten_elizabeth8 , I hope you like it 💜

Warnings: Slight cursing.

(n/n): Nickname

(h/c): Hair color

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

Zach glanced at her from the corner of his eye. He didn't know since when, but he'd developed a certain addiction to seeing (y/n)'s face whenever she read the daily note he left her on their Communications' class. Today's one said something along the lines of 'I hope you do well on this Friday's game. I'll be cheering for you!'. It was ironic how (y/n) would be cheering for him too. After all, she was part of the cheerleading squad, so her presence on the games was almost mandatory.

As Justin jerked his head on his direction to signal his departure, Zach saw Sherri approaching a smiling (y/n). 

"Secret admirer strikes again?" she asked with a chuckle.

He stood up and pretended to look for something inside his backpack. "Yeah, he's getting sweeter too." (y/n) giggled softly. Zach felt his heart flutter.

"Aw," cooed Sherri. "I wish that he would show himself soon, a guy who writes about you like this is definitely boyfriend material."

"You think?"

"Absolutely. Right Zach?" he looked at them as he tossed his now-closed backpack over his shoulder.

Zach raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"(y/n)'s been getting really sweet notes lately. You're a guy, do you agree that she's found a keeper?"

"I don't know, but if you like him you should give him a chance."

"Well, I actually don't." (y/n) shifted slightly while toying with the hairband on her wrist. "I mean, he's nice and everything, but I already like someone else."

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

"Oi Zachary! Wake up and pass the ball." Zach snapped out of his thoughts and tossed it to Justin. "Man, what the fuck is wrong with you?"

He walked to the bleachers as he let the whole thing sink in. He'd been thinking about all the guys (y/n) usually hanged out with. Zach sat down and raked his hair nervously while he discarded all the possible choices.

Bryce was definitely not her type, she thought Marcus was too cocky, Justin was with Jessica so he guessed that (y/n) wasn't after her best friend's boyfriend, Tony and her were good friends but he was gay and Monty wasn't-

Shit. Fucking Montgomery. (y/n) had once told him that she thought he was good looking, but that surely didn't mean anything, did it? Yet, Monty was always there for her whenever she needed anything in particular. When he thought about it, Zach couldn't remember a single moment where he wasn't near (y/n).

He let out a groan as he realized the obvious truth. (y/n) deserved better than a bully like Montgomery de la Cruz, maybe even better than himself. She was pretty, kind and the best advice giver on Earth, she deserved the world and even more.

"Dempsey! Keep practicing." yelled coach Patrick. Zach stood up groggily and grabbed a ball. He would not lose her.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

"Five, six, seven, eight. Come on Tigers, for the win!"

The whole crowd cheered when Zach scored a 3-pointer. He high-fived some of his teammates as he made his way back to the center of the court. He looked at the cheerleaders, catching a certain (h/c)'s happy gaze in the process. (y/n) smiled at him while shaking her blue and white pom-poms and chanting.

It didn't take him long to figure out what she was saying because in a matter of seconds the whole cheerleader squad was chanting it too.

"Zach! Zach! Zach! Zach!" Zach sent her a grin when their gazes met once again. It felt really fucking amazing to be the center of her undivided attention.

With two minutes left in the game and the Tigers winning by 12 points, the crowd was expectant. Everyone was waiting for the last Dempsey score that would end the thing properly. Zach knew it too, besides, it was the perfect chance to show off completely in front of (y/n).

When the whistle sounded again he jumped for the ball and passed it to Justin, who dribbled it halfway to the hoop. Everything seemed to happen way faster than it actually did. In a matter of seconds, Zach was dunking the ball and scoring the last two points of the night. The game ended just as his feet touched the floor.

Everyone was completely ecstatic. The crowd gathered around the team chanting Zach's name in one voice. But even with all the praise and the backslapping he was getting, all he could think about was (y/n).

Zach felt someone grab his neck and pull him down before a kiss was planted on his cheek, a smiling (h/c) hugged him right after. "That was amazing Zach! I can't believe you did it!" she said without letting him go.

"Thank you (n/n), you were amazing too." she giggled as she stepped away. "Want to go celebrate at Rosie's? I could really use a milkshake right now."

(y/n) looked up at him with a smirk. "Call me after we both hit the showers, I don't know who's stinking more right now."

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

I hope you liked it 😊

It ended up being longer than I'd expected.

Remember that you can request an imagine by sending me a private message. I only do reader inserts though.

~ Moon