TO BE OR NOT TO BE

1 MONTH LATER
Alison's POV
-SO IS IT GONNA HAPPEN OR NOT? Spencer asks as she sits across from me in a New York Cafe.
Originally Emily and I were supposed to get married this month but nothing is going according to plan.
Honestly we've been fighting like cats and dogs everyday.
Either it's her being away with the swim team too much, or me working too much.
She doesn't even know that I'm in New York right now.
I guess I just needed time to get away.
-ALI? Spencer questions again after I've been in my thoughts for too long.
-YEAH? I ask looking up at one of the two friends I have in New York.
Hanna supposedly flew to Paris last week with her boss Claudia so it's just me and Spencer.
-IS THE WEDDING STILL ON? Spencer asks giving me a "please say yes" look.
I look down at my engagement ring for a moment before taking a deep breath.
-I DON'T KNOW SPENCE I say in a shaky breath holding back the tears fuming in my eyes. I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF SHE LOVES ME ANYMORE I add letting the tears fall.
Spencer hugs me tightly before excusing herself to the restroom.
While sitting at the bar I accidentally drop my phone.
-SHIT! I quietly shout before standing up to get it.
Just as I was bending down to pick up the device a handsome Brunette guy grabs it.
-HERE LET ME GET THAT FOR YOU he says handing me my phone.
-THANK YOU I say turning back to the bar.
As I sit waiting for Spencer I can still see the guy from the corner of my eye.
He's just standing next to me staring.
Ugh! What does he want?
-MAY I HELP YOU WITH SOMETHING? I question him.
-OH SORRY CAN I BUY YOU A DRINK OR A SCONE OR SOMETHING? He asks.
I hold up my pumpkin spice latte showing that I already have a drink.
-ITS JUST YOU LOOK REALLY FAMILIAR he says.
You've never seen me a day in your life don't lie. I think to myself.
I look at him again and throw a fake smile hoping it'll get him to walk away.
Nope didn't work.
-JUSTIN the guy says extending his hand. JUSTIN FOLEY, AND YOU ARE? he questions.
I glance down at his hand and back up again.
-ALISON I state. ALISON DiLEAVEMEALONE I add ignoring his hand.
Just as this Justin dude was about to say something his friend walks out of the bathroom the same time Spencer comes from the ladies room.
-OH MY GOD CLAY JENSON! Spencer exclaims as she makes her way over to me.
-SPENCER HASTINGS I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU SINCE LAW CAMP BACK IN MIDDLE SCHOOL Clay says hugging her.
I watch as the two get reacquainted while Justin steps closer to me.
This guy just doesn't give up.
-LOOKS LIKE OUR FRIENDS KNOW EACH OTHER Justin says in my ear.
No shit Sherlock!
-BACK UP CREEP! I shout causing Spencer to look over at me.
-WHAT HAPPENED ALI? Spencer questions.
-I'M GOING HOME SPENCER I'LL CALL YOU LATER I say hugging her before walking out of the Cafe.
Emily's POV
-LOOKIN' GOOD EM! My friend Hayden Romero shouts as we're all getting changed in the locker room. HOW MANY LAPS WAS THAT? she questions.
-IT WAS ONLY THIRTY LAPS HAYDEN I say now laughing.
Hayden plays soccer for Danby and her boyfriend Liam Dunbar plays for our Lacrosse team. They're the athletic couple here at Danby.
-SHIT I CAN'T EVEN SWIM FIVE Hayden says through laughter while walking out the room.
15 MINUTES LATER
I got home pretty quickly since the gym isn't that far from Alison's apartment.
Alison and I have been arguing nonstop everyday which is why I'm sitting in my parked car dreading to go in the house.
I'm not even sure about the wedding anymore.
I love her, she's my everything and so is Courtney but maybe we rushed things. She's nineteen and I'll be twenty in two months, we're young we have our whole lives ahead of us.
I let out several deep breaths before getting out of the car to go in the apartment.
When I walk in Alison is playing with Courtney.
-HEY BABE DINNERS ALMOST READY, GO TAKE A SHOWER AND I'LL FIX YOU A PLATE Alison says still playing with our daughter.
-I CALLED YOU TODAY I say while hanging my coat.
Alison sighs and rolls her eyes thinking I didn't see her.
-YEAH I WAS IN NEW YORK she says now looking at me.
-SO BECAUSE YOU WERE IN NEW YORK YOU COULDN'T ANSWER? I WAS ACTUALLY WORRIED ABOUT YOU ALI I say walking over to kiss Courtney's head.
-EEW Courtney says wiping her head.
I laugh and do it again causing her to break out into laughter.
Alison stares at us playing for a while before getting up to walk into the kitchen.
-WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME? I ask picking Courtney up tossing her in the air.
-I'M NOT I JUST DON'T FEEL LIKE FIGHTING OVER SOMETHING DUMB TONIGHT Alison states placing her mom's special beef Wellington on a tray.
I lightly scoff and put Courtney in her high chair.
-ITS NOT DUMB ALI! I finally shout. ANYTHING COULD HAVE HAPPENED TO YOU I say lowering my voice.
-AND NOW YOU KNOW HOW I FELT LAST NIGHT WHEN YOU WERE OUT UNTIL THREE AM Alison states now sitting down at the table.
We sit in silence throughout the whole dinner, ignoring each other's presence.
After dinner Alison goes to shower with Courtney leaving me to think about some things.
I sit on the couch watching The Vampire Diaries for a few minutes until Alison comes back into the living room with only her towel on.
-WHERE'S COURT? I ask as I eye her up and down taking in all her features.
-I PUT HER TO BED Alison states sitting down next to me.
There's an awkward silence between us as we stare at each other.
-EM WHAT'S GOING ON WITH U...
-ALI I THINK WE NEED TO TAKE A BREAK I quickly say cutting her off.
As soon those eight words left my mouth Alison begins to cry.
-ALI BABY WE CAN'T GET MARRIED LIKE THIS I say strutting my thumb across her hand.
-NO WE CAN FIX IT EM Alison says now sobbing. IS IT SOMETHING I DID? she questions.
I quickly sit up straight and shake my head.
-NO ALISON WE JUST NEED A SHORT BREAK BABE I mutter.
-WHAT THE FUCK IS A SHORT BREAK EMILY? YOU'RE BREAKING UP WITH ME THERE IS NO SHORT IN BREAKUPS! YOU PROMISED ME YOU WOULD STAY WITH ME THIS TIME FOR GOOD! she yells now bawling.
As I watch the love of my life sit in front of me crying, my sobs become uncontrollable.
-I'M SORRY I whisper as I get up to walk into the room.
Alison rushes behind me following me into the closet.
-WHAT ARE YOU DOING? she questions wiping her tears.
-I'M PACKING I say in a monotone.
Alison looks at me again before taking clothes from my bag putting them back in the closet.
-YOU DON'T HAVE TO LEAVE EMILY JUST SLEEP ON THE COUCH I GUESS Alison says quietly. DO WHATEVER THE HELL YOU WANNA DO she says walking back into the bedroom slamming the door.
As I lie down on the couch I can hear Alison sobbing into what sounds like a pillow.
-I'M SORRY I whisper.
We can't get married like this, we just can't. We fight every single day. What kind of relationship is that? This break up is just temporary. We just need some time to think, but until then I guess we're just roommates.

DON'T HATE ME PLEASE LOL I HAVE A PLAN. JUST KEEP READING AND IT'LL ALL BE FINE.
-D