NUMB

1 MONTH LATER
Alison's POV
-NANA! I shout running so fast to reach her.
Now smiling extremely hard Nana scoops me up in her arms placing kisses all on my face.
-NANAAA I whine giggling as I wipe her Jungle Red lipstick from my face.
-HOW'S MY PUMPKIN PIE? she questions tapping my nose with her finger.
-I'M GREAT NANA, I WENT TO THE AQUARIUM TODAY WITH DADDY AND IT WAS AMAZING I say smiling to the point where my cheeks actually started to hurt. HOW ARE YOU?
-I'M BETTER NOW THAT I'M WITH MY SWEET FACE my grandmother says pinching my chubby cheeks. NOW WHERE'D THAT BROTHER OF YOURS RUN OFF TO? CECE SAYS HE STOLE SOME OF MY COOKIES I BAKED she adds.
I jumped off of my grandmothers lap onto the fresh cut grass.
-HE WENT TO THE PLAYGROUND AND SAID THAT I WAS TOO LITTLE TO GO I sadly say looking down at my shoes.
-THAT'S ALRIGHT my nana says. YOU, YOUR SISTER AND ME WILL JUST HAVE TO HAVE FUN WITHOUT HIM, C'MON LETS GO GET YOU SOME ICE CREAM she says trying to stand up.
As soon as she stands up I see her knees go weak and she stumbles back a little.
I quickly grab her arm and hold her hand.
-I'LL HELP YOU NANA I state. I LOVE YOU I add.
-YOU'RE MY SWEET LITTLE ANGEL AND I LOVE YOU TOO she says as we walk into the house to find CeCe.
That was the first memory that came to my mind when CeCe called telling me that Evelyn passed.
It's been a week now and her funeral is today.
I'm not quite sure how I'm feeling about the whole situation but I'm feeling so much that I'm starting to feel nothing.
I feel numb.
Evelyn's and my relationship wasn't always horrible.
She was actually a good grandmother once upon a time.
Or so I thought she was until I grew up and saw her true colors.
-HEY BABY Emily says walking into the room kissing my head. YOU READY? she solemnly questions.
I sigh and nod my head standing up from my vanity table.
-LETS GO I say taking Emily's hand.
My sweet Emily, she can always make me feel like everything will turn out ok just by holding her hand.
-MOMMY, MAMA CAN I COME? Courtney begs not knowing that we're going to a funeral.
Her great grandmothers funeral.
-NO BABY GIRL YOU HAVE TO STAY HERE WITH MAWMA AND PAWPA, WE'LL BE BACK SOON ALRIGHT? Emily says to her.
Courtney tilts her head down and starts to whimper.
-BUT I WANNA STAY WITH YOU she cries to the both of us.
I kneel down to my almost six year old and take her teeny hands in mine.
-I PROMISE YOU WOULDN'T WANNA COME I say. YOU'D BE SUPER BORED AND YOU WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO PLAY WITH TALKING TOM WHILE YOU'RE THERE I add trying to convince her to stay home.
Courtney's face becomes shocked as she stands there in silence.
-YOU STILL WANNA GO? Pam questions her.
Courtney furiously shakes her head left to right
I laugh a little and kiss her hands.
Emily takes my hand and helps me stand back up so I wouldn't fall in my 5 inch heels.
We walk over to our adorable little twins and pick them up from their high chairs.
-GOOD GIRL, OOH I'M GONNA MISS YOU I say tickling Corey's leg and placing a kiss on her head. BYE COREYY I coo in a baby voice.
-SAY BYE TO MOM Emily says to Dylan in the same baby voice.
-BYE DYL I say kissing his Rosie cheek.
Once we hand them over to Wayne we say our goodbyes and head out.
While staring out the window in the car I notice that Emily keeps stealing glances at me.
Already knowing that she's about to ask if I'm alright I stay quiet waiting for her to ask.
She's been asking all week.
-YOU OKAY? Emily questions making me smirk a little at how well I know my wife.
-YEAH, EM I'M FINE THANKS I say lacing my fingers with her free hand.
-ARE YOU SURE? She asks. WE'RE AROUND THE CORNER AND IF YOU'RE NOT OKAY WITH THIS I CAN TAKE YOU BACK HOME Emily says.
I give a quick nod noting that I'm fine before Emily turns the corner and parks.
When we exit the car we spot the girls and walk over to them.
-HEY ALI they all say hugging me as if I'm broken.
-SORRY Spencer says.
-YEAH my sister adds in.
-SHE WAS YOUR GRANDMOTHER TOO I say to both CeCe and Spencer.
Of course Spencer didn't know of her until last month but she's still her grandmother.
The bell from the church tower starts to ring and everyone makes their way in to get seated.
Walking into the church I see my mother crying in the front row while Jason rubs her back.
Mary is seated with Alex and my aunt Carol in another row.
-I'M GONNA SIT WITH ALS, YOU GUYS GO AHEAD Emily says and they nod.
-ACTUALLY BABE I say. I KINDA WANNA SIT ALONE I state hoping she'll understand.
-OF COURSE Emily says. I'LL BE OVER HERE she says kissing my forehead and taking a seat next to Aria.
Making my way (downtown 😂) to the front aisle I see the open casket and start to feel a sting in my chest.
__________________________
As the funeral goes on I begin to think about our trip to Georgia.
I told her that I'd wish she die.
I slapped her. Twice.
Just then my mind flashes back to when she found out that I was pregnant with Courtney.
-YOU'LL NEVER GET FURTHER THAN HIGH SCHOOL IF YOU KEEP IT! Evelyn yells at me.
-WELL ITS NOT YOUR DECISION I scream. ITS NO ONES BUT MINE! I yell louder now crying.
How could she want me to terminate the pregnancy.
I can't do that to my baby.
-MOTHER STOP IT! My mom yells trying to break up the fight.
-NO JESSIE Evelyn says. MAYBE IF SHE WASN'T BEING SUCH A LITTLE SLUT AND WEARING THOSE SMALL DRESSES ALL THE TIME THIS WOULD'VE NEVER HAPPENED she adds.
I quickly run upstairs to mine and CeCe's old room we shared when we slept over and grabbed my things.
Once my mother sees me with my bags she tries to pull them from my hand.
-ALISON NO BABY SHE DIDN'T MEAN IT she says. DON'T GO my mother begs.
I finally drop my bags and she brings me into a hug as I sob in her shoulder.
-I HATE HER I cry out.
Now back to reality I didn't even realize that I was sobbing crying until I felt a hand gently lace with mine.
Looking up with red puffy eyes I see that it's Emily.
I lay my head on her shoulder as she brings me closer to comfort me.
Emily's POV
I know Alison said she wanted to sit alone at Evelyn's funeral but once I saw her break down like that I couldn't.
The drive back home is filled with silence and small sniffles.
Alison claims that she hated Evelyn and I always believed her until today.
No matter if the woman was rude, racist and disrespectful to her granddaughter and her family I believe that Alison truly loved her.
Now home I turn the ignition off and shake Alison a little.
-ALI, WE'RE HOME I whisper.
I click off her seatbelt and walk over to her door to help her out.
-C'MON I GOT YOU I say kissing her head and leading her in the house.
I take Alison up to our bedroom and remove her black dress only to pull one of my old Rosewood Sharks t-shirts over her head.
I tuck her in and kiss her lips.
-I LOVE YOU, I'LL BE RIGHT BACK I state holding her hand.

I quickly go downstairs to make everyone lunch.
-WHERE'S COURTNEY? I ask my parents once I'm done fixing lunch.
-SHE SAID SHE HAD TO GO TO THE BATHROOM my mom says.
I go back upstairs to tell her to come down to eat but she's not in the bathroom.
I check her room and get nothing either.
Suddenly I hear talking coming from me and Alison's room and decide to peek in.
-DON'T CRY MAMA, I'M HERE Courtney whispers using her hands to wipe Alison's tears.
Alison lets out a few sniffles and Courtney balls up into her embrace and wraps her arm around Alison.
Alison smiles and kisses Courtney's nose as they stare into each other's eyes.
I slightly smile at the view and tap on the door causing them both to turn around.
-LUNCH IS READY KIDDO I say.
Courtney hops down from our bed and trails over to me.
-MOMMY CAN I EAT UP HERE WITH MAMA? She questions. PLEASEE
Right before I could answer Alison answers for me.
-NO NEED BABY I'M COMING DOWN  she says standing up putting her leggings and slippers on.
Alison then walks over to me and pulls me into a kiss by the small of my back.
-LOVE YOU she says looking up into my eyes.
-LOVE YOU TOO I say leaning down to kiss her again.
I then glide my tongue across her lips and she lets out a laugh while still staring at me.
-WHAT? I ask confused to why she's staring.
She wipes her eyes and smiles.
-HAVE I EVER TOLD YOU HOW GORGEOUS YOU ARE? Alison questions.
I place my finger on my mouth as if I'm thinking and playfully shake my head no.
-WELL...YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL  my wife says.
-CAN WE EAT NOW? Courtney asks looking up to us crossing her arms.
We both laugh and lead her downstairs to eat lunch.

So Evelyn died in her sleep.
Alison actually does love her despite their rotten relationship.
Courtney is so sweet and Emily is an awesome fucking wife lol
P.S why is Sasha (Alison) so effin hot? She looks good even when she's supposed to be sad, I mean look at that photo ☝🏼
Anyway
Enjoy 😊
-D