Prologue

• Dedicated to Regina

Katniss Everdeen's POV

  I cradled her under my arms.She was charming,sweet,heroic,and loving just like Peeta. We decided to name her Rue Mellark. It took years for Peeta to finally convince and persuade to have them and I don't know how but he won this argument. Will I regret it? Now no. Later? Maybe. Now I was too busy swooning her and making her mine or ours. I wonder how long it will last before I realize we made a mistake. Peeta told me that the girl's appearance was similar to mine. Dark hair and olive skin. The only difference was with my gray eyes her eyes were bright blue like Peeta's. 

  My right hand was tighten by Peeta's. I knew he was as nervous as me. I interrupted the silence.

"Peeta,why don't you get a bottle for Rue?"I ordered Peeta.

   He smiled and kissed baby Rue on the cheek and then kissed me into my pale lips. Peeta walked towards the kitchen. I kissed Rue on her forehead and sat there for a while until Peeta held the yellow bottle filled with white liquid. I took the bottle from his warm hands. The nipple of the bottle shot into the baby's mouth almost suddenly.There was a long silence and Peeta's mouth opened but no words came out and his lips shut. He turned to me as in waiting for me to break the silence for the first time. I didn't know what to say but words spilled out my mouth and I quickly wanted to retrieve them but it was too late.

"We should have another.'"I spit out.

   Peeta's face changed. First into a frown but then one corner of his mouth went up.

"Another baby?"Peeta touched my braid waiting for a answer.

  I touched his hand that was feeling my braid.

"Erm..yes but..."I trailed off.

"You're not sure."He jumped in for me.

"Exactly."I said.

  He picks up Rue from my arms and cradles it for a while then rests her into her crib.

"I'm sure."He said so straightforward into my eyes.