Saying Goodbye

Link had been sobbing for a while over Dark as he held him in his arms, he wanted him to be okay, he wanted him to live but he just didn't see a way that could be possible. Zelda was healing him as much as he could but being created from shadows it hurt him more than it helped him to try and heal with the light magic she possessed. After a few more attempts Dark awoke with pain and tears and fear filling his eyes.

 *darks pov*

  "L-Link?.....please.....I dont want to die..." i said in a tearful voice and Link's tears dripped down onto my face off his own. His porcelain cheeks stained with the ugly saddened tears, His mouth quivered and choked sobs and gasps emitted from his throat as he tried to speak try to assure me I'd be fine but the words wouldn't form. Link's shaky hands gently stroked my hair as he doubled over and sobbed into my chest "please....." He mumbled before he threw his head back and cried to the heavens "DEAR GODDESSES! PLEASE!! DON'T TAKE HIM FROM ME!!" He screamed and he looked back at me "link...please don't cry" I said softly and he pet my face, "I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you" he said in a whisper "you've done so much for me....helping me in battles.....gettin through temples....you even helped me understand love because I felt it towards you...my heart beats for you and you alone" he began to pour his heart out to me, confessing what I've had in my heart since I met him.

My vision was getting blurry as I felt my heart slow "link.....I can't....stay around much longer....." I said softly and he shook his head "please no please don't leave me" he cried and my eyes struggled to stay open "link......can you play me a song?.....any song..." I asked softly and he took the ocarina to his lips hurriedly with a nod and began to play a song....not like any of the ones he told me....it was...perfect...I closed my eyes and breathed my last as tears dripped from my eyes. I felt like I was being carried away by the song as I faded away.

*Link's POV*

I finished the song dark wanted me to play and I looked down at him and dropped the ocarina in my lap and cupped his face with shaky hands, he was still warm. Leaning down my breath was betraying me as I gasped and shakily breathed before pressing my lips to his in a kiss....our first.....and our last. My tears were renewed as I pulled away, sobbing as I looked at his content face. He looked as if he was sleeping, Princess Zelda placed a hand on my shoulder "link.....I'm so sorry" she said softly and I looked at her whimpering as I cried, I buried my face into her shoulder and she held me in a hug.

After I had finally calmed enough she helped me stand and turned me away from dark's body and said softly "link.....you must return to your own time and seal the sacred realm..." She was speaking calmly so I wouldn't react too negatively, nodding I sniffled and wiped my eyes and she held her hand out for the ocarina of time. I handed to her and stood back a bit as she began to play the song of time. I floated into the air and looked down and saw dark's body for the last time as I was brought back to my time......