Weather Warfare

Wind whipped around her, blowing her thick curls in her face and blocking her vision. The strong winds picked up as her hands guided it.

She closed her eyes and concentrated. Screams filled her ears.

"Serla!" A familiar voice called over the screams. The boy with black hair stood behind her. Rushing water surrounded him, making it harder for her to hear him. "We need to get these innocent people out of here."

The screams of war were from innocent citizens. They don't have powers, they can't defend themselves. They had no part in this, she thought.

"Ayv is going to come and help us soon! We need to get as many of those people as possible and then take them to somewhere safe," the boy continued. She nodded and calmed her winds.

"So what do we do after? Are we going to fight?"

"We don't need to. This war is just to terrorise the city and to see which power is the strongest. It's pointless."

"But what if the person who wins decides to take over the city or even the world, Rhyl? We weaths are the strongest people on earth, no one would be able to stop them."

Ever since some humans got the power to control weather they were deemed superior to everyone else. This caused a lot of normal humans to hate weaths, just like it caused many weaths to hate normals. If that was not enough, the weaths even hated each other because some thought they were more powerful than others. The tension and the hatred lead to this. The war that raged on.

Rhyl scratched his head and looked into her dark eyes with uncertainty. "Okay then, change of plans. We will put these innocent people in a safe place and then-"

"We'll fight off the bad weaths. We can't let the government collapse." There'll be chaos."

"I'll get those people from that building. You can get the people over there." Serla turned her head to a burning building. She figured someone with lightning abilities struck the building multiple times until it engulfed in flames.

Rhyl ran to the building. It was perfect. His tsunamis could put out the fire. She watched him as the rushing water rose behind him. He had to control it. Put out the fire without drowning the people inside. His hands steadily rolled upwards and a stream of water followed. He started to maneuver it steadily towards the fire in the building, being mindful of the coughing civilians inside.

Screaming from another building filled her ears. She turned her head towards the sound as it caught her attention. She had been too busy focused on Rhyl that she had forgotten about the other people in the building she was supposed to take care of.

She headed towards the crumbling building. The wind around her started to get stronger and she closed her eyes, trying to control it better. She would need to make the winds strong enough to lift up the rubble and debris.

She stepped inside the building. The door was gone and rubble filled the inside. Serla heard mumbling from underneath one of the pieces of concrete. It was too heavy for her to lift. Her winds desperately slashed against the stone. Trying to move it. It only budged a little. Serla moved her hands towards the direction of the stone. It slowly moved and she continued until it was off of the small man underneath. He lay still on the hard floor. Blood covered his face and his chest. She went over to him, checking his injuries.

More screams ran through the building and Serla ran towards the sounds. She would have to come back for him. A few people were trapped by a wall of pieces of broken concrete and she stood beside it as the winds grew stronger again. She closed her eyes, concentrating. The winds pushed against the stone and it started to move slightly, then the winds pushed harder. The wall was heavy and Serla had to use all her strength. She took in a deep breath and gave more energy to the winds. They managed to push the wall over so that the people trapped could escape. Serla doubled over. She struggled to draw in enough breath and she looked up to see the frightened faces of the people she saved. They looked at her with confusion. She knew they had wondered why a weath would save them.