Immortality

Immortality doesn't seem so great. Not when you are stuck in the bottom of a well. The only thing Keone wanted was to die instead of slowly suffering each and every day. 

His back pressed up against the cold brick. It was driving him to madness. The air felt heavy and wet and he had already gotten used to the mouldy smell. At this point, he would have already died from hunger. If he wasn't immortal.

He had to get out. He had tried and tried until he had to accept his fate. What is the point of being immortal if you couldn't enjoy life? he thought. 

"Help!" he called out. It was no use though, he called it out a few times every day but he got no help for the past year. 

He looked around the small circular well, the water at the bottom was still and dirty. He watched it for a bit. Small ripples forming as he drew his legs up to his chest. His clothes were wet and he felt awful.

He buried his face in his hands as tears started to form in his eyes. He thought about his family and his friends. He would never see them again. 

He looked up at the small circle of light above him and squinted.

"Help!" he called again. He didn't know why he bothered to try anymore. 

His mind started to wander to his ability. If he made it out of there what would he do? He would have to watch as everyone died in front of him and then he would have to make new friends and they would eventually die too. He wouldn't be able to get too attached because everyone was going to die, leaving him. 

He always saw Immortality as a good thing but what was the morality in immortality? 

Would he ever love again? Would he allow himself to fall in love if he knew that he would eventually out live that person?

Well, at least he didn't have to worry about dying. He had forever to live life to the fullest. But wasn't the point of living life to the fullest was because life was short? If he had an eternity to live what we would he do with it?

Soon, he would get bored. It would be too much for him to watch everyone die in front of him.

What was really the morality in immortality when his fate was to suffer down in a well?

Maybe he would go crazy down there or maybe he would eventually get out and have to face the people he loved, knowing that they would leave him soon, while he gets to live for eternity.