Awkward Reunion

Leucien looked up from his spot on the floor to the assistant that had rushed into the gym. He was out of breath and Leucien looked at him with concern, the man, well boy to him, looked white as a sheet. Others in the gym eyed up the odd couple, Leucien got off the floor, putting the medicine ball to one side.

"What is it?" He asked.

"He's...back" The boy gasped.

Leucien knew exactly who the boy was talking about and he grabbed the boy's shoulder and lifted him into the air. He left his stuff in the locker, waved to the receptionist of the gym and ran outside, demanding to know which car the boy drove. He let the boy down and they both jogged to a small blue van. Leucien drove as fast as he could, the poor boy was clutching to his seat belt for dear life. they pulled up at the Head Quarters, Leucien ditching the van and leaving the boy to park it as he got inside and down the elevator as fast he could. Heading straight for the weapons area. Leucien geared up with his favourite weapons; knuckle dusters with a retractable blade, a small dagger and a specialised gun for shooting Vampires.

Making sure he had everything he needed he went back upstairs to the office room and went to where the crowd was gathered around a large computer station. There were five screens showing a young, good looking man in his late twenties, getting into his car and driving off, leaving the night club he had just visited. Leucien asked for Simon to pull up the footage again but keep one screen on the live footage. Leucien got his to pause at exactly the right bit; there was a spot of blood on the young man's cheek, so easy to miss; but Leucien had been hunting Vampire's for a long time, he knew what to look for.

Bidding them all goodbye, he left and took his own car, again specially design. Not all the legends of Vampire's were true, but he believed in everyone of them and had something for just in cases. He had the car blessed and had hidden articles that would keep Vampires away from the car, but not too suspicious that the Vampire's would know he was a Hunter. With the both small screens in place of a radio, one letting Leucien keep in touch with Simon and one to let him see what Simon was seeing. He followed the tracker and eventually stopped. the tracker on the Vampire was no longer moving. Leucien hid his car in the shadows of an empty alley-way. The Vampire had stopped three alley's down, feeding again. Leucien tensed his muscles as he prepared himself mentally for a fight. Just as he got to the alley opening, as quite as a shadow, a small gasp broke the silence of the night. The alley way had two lampposts in it, so it was bright enough for Leucien to see the back of the Vampire, and the legs of his latest victim.

"Long time no see, Raoul" Leucien said, stepping into the mouth of the alley.

The girl gasped and her legs spasmed, causing Leucien to look away, he hadn't killed her yet, but she would die of blood loss soon enough.

"I thought I recognised that scent" Came Raoul's cheery voice.

He stood from where he was crouching and wiped at his mouth with a napkin and dropped it on the girl's stomach as he turned to face Leucien. Raoul grinned at his old 'friend' and opened his arms.

"How about a hug?"

Leucien spat at Raoul's feet as Raoul gave a hearty laugh. He grinned at Leucien.

"You haven't changed a bit, well. You've gotten a little older" He mused.

"Of course, I'm still the same"

"You're still a heartless monster, you'll never change"

Raoul laughed and tutted Leucien. He opened his mouth to speak but Leucien cut him off.

"You think you've got all the air's and graces of your Sire, but you don't. So save yourself the embarrassment and shut your trap" Leucien growled, making his hands into fists, one blade out and the other in.