Wrong Move

The room was tense as the once friendly atmosphere turned into a dark and brooding silence. There was a battle between the two friends as they stared one another down, never giving up. Simon stood nervously waiting for an excuse to escape, his throat was closing up and it felt like it was hard to breath. As if reading the poor man's mind, Leucien stared at his friend calmly then stood, moving his chair and looking directly into Simon's eyes.

"Tell them to go through with it"

"No! I won't allow you to do this!" Colin growled ferociously.

Leucien regarded him with a cool and complacent stare.

"Then I think it's about time I remind you that I may be your friend, but I'm also your boss"

Colin's eyes narrowed to that of two tiny slits, his teeth ground together as he let out a low throaty growl. He lifted his hand and pointed at Leucien. Simon nodded and hastily turned towards the elevator and left.

"Have you forgotten why you chose this job?" Colin asked.

"No"

"Then why do this?!" Colin demanded.

"To learn" Leucien said calmly.

Colin shook his head and pounded his fists on the table again. Leucien remained calm, he knew Colin, he knew Colin's hatred and that was why he couldn't get angry.

"Learn what exactly?"

"More about them. We can use her to infiltrate their lairs, use her to find information on specific Vampires" Leucien stressed.

He hoped his friend would understand, and that Colin did, but he snorted at the idea.

"I can find him on my own"

"Are you sure? Did you not turn out unsuccessful in Russia?"

Colin glared.

"I got what I needed"

Leucien snorted this time and made his way slowly to the elevator.

"It took you five years to confirm he killed your wife and five years to find out his real name and his homeland...you aren't getting any younger y'know" Leucien said.

Colin's anger was reaching breaking point. He looked down at the side of his chair and played with the idea of firing one of his poisoned arrows at Leucien. He shook his head of the thought, Leucien was right, his taunting was not meant badly. Colin tried to calm himself as Leucien got in the elevator without a word and went down to the dungeon. Colin stared at the metal doors and listened to the noise it made, sighed and tossed over the table. The reminents of the coffee going all over the floor, Leucien's vacated seat tippled over onto it's side. Colin sat on his chair, holding back the pain and anger.

Leucien sighed and leaned his good arm against the wall of the elevator, moving to rest his head on the cool metal wall too. Thoughts ran through his mind of Colin, what happened in Russia? How was Colin taking the news? How could he of said that to his friend? He himself had been through that struggle and knew what sort of place Colin was in. Although, Colin isolated himself for five years, what happened through out those years?

The elevator dinged and Leucien stood straight and exited, moving quickly towards the room where the girl was kept. He looked into the room through the small double-glazed window and watched as the medics and scientists maneuvered around her. All her vital signs normal, it would just be a matter of minutes...

Colin twisted the handle of the door to the building roof so it wouldn't lock. He quietly stalked over to the other side of the building and went to sit on the wooden crate that he used to sit on, to find it not there. He rolled his eyes and decided to sit on the edge of the building. He hated change, change had never been to good for him. He took his quiver and counted the arrows he had left. He inhaled the unique scent of the poison on his arrow heads. It was a blend he had been working on that was dangerous to Vampire's, it was dangerous to anything it touched really, but he only cared that it could paralyse Vampire's. They were tough to kill, they could take a lot of beatings, but if a Vampire can't move, you have more time to infilict damage, real damage.

Colin looked down onto the street as he heard a commotion. He tilted his head as he saw the young girl he had rescued run from the building, Leucien following behind her. Colin could hear the girl crying and Leucien shouting on her to wait. The girl let out a scream, a scream of anguish and ran, bolting into the distance with the speed of a Vampire. Shaking his head, Colin got up from his perch on the roof and made his way back into the building, he had to prepare for a hunt.