Chapter 4

“Annie” Josh whispered in her ear.

“What!” She snapped as he just woke her up.

“We need to hit the road soon” His voice was still low. Her eyelids lifted up slowly to a fake smiling Josh. He was trying to give her hope. “I’ll get you home as soon as its safe”

 ---

 “So where are we going?” Annie washed her face in the shabby sink.

“Wish I could tell you, we need to be careful where ever we are though. They know my face and yours now. They have the technology to find everything about us. So do not trust anyone anymore? No answering your phone to unknown numbers, no nothing” He explained.

“You know, you’re really bossy sometimes” She laughed, putting the red helmet over her head. He did the same.

“Ready?” He asked. Annie took a deep breath and nodded. He threw the backpack on his back and took her hand. “Remember, stay close” He added.

Getting onto the motorbike, she wrapped her arms securely around him.  It was still early, around 7am. The sun was just coming up slightly and the birds started tweeting. There was a cool breeze blowing too. “Breakfast?” He smiled, pulling up to an old 60’s diner. It had a whole retro theme to it. As they pushed the door open a little bell played and the five people in the diner turned to face them. They sat in a little booth by the window and placed the helmets next to them. Annie picked up the menu and Josh followed. They studied it before ordering.

“Pancakes please” They both said in sync.

“Great minds think a like” He winked.

“Can I get you anything else?” The waitress asked. She had a pink apron on with a name tag which read ‘Flo’.

“Some coffee would be great thanks” He added. It wasn’t long before Flo came back with two plates of Pancakes and Syrup with a pot of coffee and two mugs. Josh poured some coffee into each mug before taking a sip of his drink. Annie diged right into her food, starving. “Nice?” He asked, trying to make small talk.

“Not the best but I’m so hungry I couldn’t care less” She smiled. The bell from the door rang as two men opened it and stepped in.

“Shit!” Josh whispered pulling Annie down the seat.

“What are you doing!”

“Keep your voice down. We should leave”

“Im not finished” Annie went to get back on her seat when he held her under back under the table.

“You wanna get abducted Annie? Be my guest” His tone was harsh and his eyes were wide. He nodded his head towards the counter. Annie poked her head out of the little booth to see two of the men from yesterday.

“How did they find us?” She whispered receiving a shrug off Josh. They grabbed there helmets off the seat.

“Climb out of the window in the bathroom. I’ll be waiting for you there, okay?” She nodded in agreement and stood up from the floor. Keeping her head down, Annie rushed to the bathroom. Luckily the men sat the other side of the diner but somehow they new they were in there, just waiting for the right time to attack. She ran into the only cubicle with a window in.

“Really?” She sighed looking up at the high window. Annie put her helmet on the top of the toilet while climbing to break open the window. After five minutes of breaking the window it finally cracked.

“Someone taking there time today” Josh laughed at the bottom of the window outside. Annie threw him the helmet down at him.

“Josh I can’t get down” Annie’s biggest fear was heights no matter how big or small they were. The drop was pretty high up though.

“Come on, I got you” He reached up and pulled her down safely. He handed back the deep red helmet. That’s when it hit her, why is he being so nice to me? Is it because we could die at any moment in time? He can’t like me right? Josh Hutcherson only likes people like him, popular, cool, hot. Did I just call him Hot? Annie thought to herself. They sneaked around the corner only to find the men out side the diner door. The tall skinny one was on the phone while the short muscular one looked around.

“The bikes here but I don’t see them boss” He said down the line. “We’re looking, Flo said they were here, they must have left.” He added. “There kids boss, why would they even think of going through the bathroom window?” Annie’s face dropped when they saw the shorter man walk backwards in there direction.

“Bathrooms this way” He called to the other.

“We need the motorbike” Josh whispered.

“I can’t get back in there Josh, you know I can’t” She panicked quietly. He put his hands on her shoulders.

“If you can’t do it Annie, we’ll find another way. Come on” He took her hand reassuringly, pulling her to the back on the building. “Stay here a second” She waited a minute or two which seemed like an eternity before Josh ran back to her. He pulled her into the car park. “Get on quick” He shouted, and she obliged. The bike failed to start at first, making the engine rev loudly. The two men emerged from behind the café where Annie was less than two minutes ago.

“Oi, don’t move! I got a gun” One called from a distance.

“Come on! Come on!” Josh yelled at the bike.

“Josh Please, Hurry” She mumbled under the helmet, with tearful eyes. She could hear the footsteps coming closer. They were a meter away, Annie could practically feel them on her when the bike started moving.

“Boss there leaving” The man yelled down the phone before dropping it on the floor and legging it to the Black BMW.

“Should I do it again, check where they are?” Her hot breath send shivers down his spine, luckily Annie couldn’t see him blush.

“You’re learning” He laughed.

“Not to spoil your fun or anything but they are so close to us I can nearly feel them” He laughed again with her. She place both arm back on his waist and held on tight, knowing Josh’s tactics from last night. As soon as they turned to get off the road, a sharp shooting pain hit his leg, making the bike swivel. 

What do you think? I really need to know!  Vote, Fan and Comment Please!