Chapter 12

It was another 3 days before Josh was let out of the hospital. For those 3 days Annie stayed with him, although he protested saying she needed her rest. When the day came, Mr. Hutcherson was quick to pick them up. Annie still hadn’t talked to her mother, not like any effort was made between the two anyway. Josh insisted she stayed with him and his father as she was not safe back at home. Also it would be nice to have a lady in the house after the passing of Mrs. Hutcherson. Mr. Hutcherson agreed with the idea too. He liked how happy Josh had become since he met Annie.

The day of the funeral was hard for all three of them but especially the boys. Mr. Hutcherson kept his self quiet and out of the way, to look strong for his son. Josh on the other hand could not contain his tears. The salty water dripping from his hazel eyes down his cheeks, but he would quickly wipe them away. Until Annie caught him in the act. Her heart was breaking seeing him like this. Not only was she in love with him but he was also her hero. Risking his life for her was something unimaginable and she owed her life to him. Not that she minded though.

Josh was pulling out his blazer that matched his suite ready for the funeral of his mother. He adjusted the sleeves, pulling down the end and brushing himself off before standing in front of the mirror to inspect himself. Too deep in thought he didn’t notice Annie entering the room and come up behind him. Still not speaking, she entwined their fingers together, bringing his fingers to her lips before softly kissing them. It always made him smile, just like now.

“You ready to go?” She whispered gently.

“Uh yeh, come on” He hesitated slightly while smiling weakly. Standing outside the church, Josh still held onto Annie’s hand but 10 times tighter. Every now and then Annie would have to whisper for him to loosing his grip slightly. Once in the service, Josh as well as Mr. Hutcherson lightened up a bit. After hearing stories and memories about his mother for other family members, her friends and work mates, he realized she was ten times greater than he already thought. That’s when it hit him. Annie was exactly like her. Properly why she saved her from the gun shot. Josh looked to his left where Annie sat, her eyes filled with wonder as she listened to the stories with a smile on her face. You cant imagine how proud Josh was feeling. Feeling his eyes burn into her, she turned to see his cheeks burn red.

“You okay, babe?” she whispered, not to disturb the service. He nodded admiringly.

“Yeh, thank you”

“What have I done?” She giggled.

“Just for being you” He said in a cheesy tone, making her giggle again. “And being here for me”

“No problem, superstar” 

After the ceremony everyone headed over to the local pub to chat away so more and have a few drinks. Annie was continuing to socialize while Josh went to the bar for another beer. When he felt some ones arms around his waist he assumed it was Annie, shocked to find his ex Millie (I don’t think I mentioned a name at the beginning?).

“You’re quite the hero” She whispered in his ear before kissing his cheek.

“Millie?” He was still caught off guard. “What are you doing here?”

“I missed you, silly” She laughed before attaching her stained red lips to him. Josh pulled away but not quick enough as Annie saw. She was crushed and quickly made her way to the exit for some air.

“Millie, you know I’m with Annie. That should have happened.”

“So where is your precious girlfriend? I mean it’s a pretty dangerous world out there, especially when people are looking for her”

“What have you done? Where is she?” He panicked.

The very little mascara Annie had on was now down her cheeks. ‘You’re not pretty enough for him, that’s why he went back to her’ She told herself even if she wasn’t 100% sure. Pulling herself to her feet, Annie starting making her way back to the house she wasn’t sure to call a home anymore. That’s when it happened. Black car surrounded her from every angle. Her heart was beating 10x faster than before as she saw a few familiar faces from the warehouse. There was no one to run, no one to hear her cries and screams for help this time. This time she was on her own.  

I know i said it would be long but i have so much homework to do i had to leave it here. I hope you like it though and vote and comment!