Part 6

Lucy awoke 2 days later. The guild was in a panic and some assumed that they would never wake up.

As Lucy's vision cleared all she could do was scream. Her throat ached and her muscles were sore but she had to have someone hear her, she didn't want him to ever touch her again.

The guild snapped out of their depression to stare up at the guild door. Natsu rushed up the stairs taking them two at a time as he did. He hadn't been allowed to stay in the room since it was so crowded with the beds, much to his displeasure, but he listened to Porlyusica since she said it would help Lucy get better.

"Lucy! Lucy! Calm down it's okay! You're home" Natsu yelled over her screams, holding her shoulders softly.

"No! Don't touch me! Fairy tail is gonna come! They'll make you suffer!" She screams, still in a daze from her torture.

"Lucy is me, Natsu..." he whispers quietly, taking his hands off Lucy but not leaving her side, watching her as she panics and pulls herself into a ball.

"N-Natsu?.." Lucy asks in disbelief. She looks up slowly, a blur of rose hair in her face.

"Yeah Luce...it's me...we're back at the guild" he whispers as he slowly grabs her shaking hand.

"Where is he?" Lucy mumbles as she squeezes his hand as if it were a lifeline.

"Away from you" he promises, not wanting to tell her that they were in the same exact building.

Lucy nods slowly as she looks into his onyx eyes. Her eyes water as she looks lovingly at him. No words could describe how much she missed him. They hadn't been apart long but she needed him, she needed her dragon to keep her safe and now that he was here she knew he intended on doing just that.

"Lucy...I'm sorry!" Natsu says suddenly. "I promised that I'd always be there to protect you and not let any harm come to you but I failed..." Natsu touches the bandages wrapping around her stomach softly. "I failed and you got hurt...his disgusting hands were on you and if I could I would turn back time so I could save you but-" Natsu's rambles were cut off by a strong kiss from Lucy.

"I know you weren't there then but you were on your way and now you're here. That's all that matters" she says with a soft smile. "If you stay with me I'll heal...I promise I will" she says before kissing him once more. Natsu smiles back before squeezing her hand, not wanting to leave her side ever again.

"Is anyone else awake?" Lucy suddenly asks, her eyes wide with panic. Natsu looks down at the ground sadly.

"No...they'll be asleep for awhile. Romeo has basically no magic left so he's gonna be in a coma until that's fixed...Levy's also pretty low but she also has a concussion, some cuts, and is kinda malnourished. Mira is pretty good, though since she's got so much magic but, her cuts were a bit deeper so they're waiting for her to replenish her blood before they wake her."

"But they're all gonna be okay...right?" She asks nervously.

"Yeah Luce they're gonna survive..though Pirlyusica and Gramps are worried about you guys having some mental scarring..," he said quietly. He knew what emotional state they were all in before all of this. He had grown up with Mira and Levy, he watched Romeo go from a kid to a young man, hell he hadn't even known Lucy for too long but it was still enough for him to know the majority of bad things that had happened to her. He was with her for the majority of them...hell maybe even the reason for them. He knew they wouldn't be able to take much more.. and that scared him half to death. He just couldn't help but think that if he had never met Lucy that maybe she would have been better off without h-

"Natsu!" Lucy yells as she snaps her fingers in her face, finally pulling him out of his daze. "I've been calling your name for 5 minutes your eyes glazed over nd everything..it was starting to scare me.

Natsu smiled shakily. "Don't worry bout it Luce, I'm good. Just focus on getting better"

Lucy reluctantly took his worse for it, much too tired to argue with him about it in that moment. Natsu seemed to understand because he reached over and turned off the bright lacrima that was lighting the room.

"Why don't you try and get some sleep, eh Luce?" he says as he pulls her covers up. "Everyone knows your awake already so you might as well enjoy the silence for a little while longer before Erza can't even hold them back' he says with a snicker.

Lucy smiles softly before nodding. "Tell everyone I'm doing well and that I'll be good for visitors soon..not the whole guild, though!" she adds quickly.

Natsu nods in understanding. "Don't worry Lucy, I won't let the whole guild in here anyways."Natsu leans down and kisses her forehead softly. "I promise I won't leave you again Lucy...I promise," he says with sad eyes.

"I know Natsu...I...understand...trust you...life..mm..," Lucy mumbles as she falls asleep, her mouth opens slightly as he watches her face soften peacefully.

Okay, so I totally didn't just speed type this whole thing because I felt bad for not having a chapter up...heh...Okay, so my plan so far is for each of the next chapters fro be one with each of the mates and their dragons so I suppose it'll be fairly fluffy in the next 3 or so chapters. Once again feel free to leave comments and criticisms. Have a nice night yall