Is it hard to tell?

"Where there is love there is life." -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're Hommmeeeee!!" I shouted as Pony & I entered the house. None even acknowledged us, not even one pair of eye were removed from staring at the television.

"Do me a favor and try lower your voice next time, China can here you?" Two Bit yelled back at me. I rolled my eyes at his normal annoying comments.

My eyes wandered around the room examining who all accompanied us today. Soda, Dally, Johnny, Two Bit and Steve were crammed in the small living room watching some show that happened to be playing. Probably a rerun to be completely honest.

"How was your time at the cinema?" Soda asked still staring at the television. Pony chimed in speaking for the both of us. "Okay as always." Leaving it at that, I sat down on the couch next to Soda. As my eyes were becoming very heavy I tiredly laid my head on his shoulder.

Shortly after I felt someone carry me up stairs and lay my down on my bed. I've always been a heavy sleeper. With school not occupying me during the day, I don't know why I was often so tired.

______________

I opened my eyes and let the bright sunshine in. I sat on the edge of the bed and stretched. My feet hung off the side of the bed.

I tried gaining my balance and walked over to the mirror and took a long good look at myself.

I was wearing Soda's old t-shirt he let me keep, after I practically wore it more than he did. A messy bun sat a top my head. Soda's over sized t-shirt almost went down to my knees. "Nicole! Hurry down your breakfast is ready and getting cold!" Darry shouted at me. I yawned as I tipped toed into the hallway and down the stairs.

I entered the kitchen following the wonderful smell of Darry's pancakes. As I walked in everyone turned their heads at me. I was use to it, so I wasn't at all shy. Pony, Steve, Soda were sitting at the table waiting for Darry to finished their breakfast.

"Keep letting your sister wear that around the house, I doubt she'll be single for long." Steve said with a smile. Soda elbowed him in the arm. I chuckled while playfully rolling eyes. "Oh shut it Randle." I sat down next to Pony and across from Steve. Darry gave us our food. We all scarfed it down. "Better get going, I got school." Pony stated hurry out the door. I ran over to the opened window and yelled out "I love you Pone!" He looked back at me and rolled his eyes getting on the bus. 'Gotta love that kid' I thought to myself.

Soda and Steve sat on the couch watching t.v. "You coming with us to work today?" Steve asked me. I got real excited. "Can I?" I looked over at Soda, as I was jumping up and down like a little kid. "I guess..as long as you can keep your hands off the customers." I threw a pillow at him then swiftly ran upstairs and got dressed. It wouldn't be the customers I couldn't keep my hands off of.

______________

We arrived at the DX and hopped out of Steve's truck. I strolled inside, grabbed a coke and looked around the store. I got bored inside after a few hours. I informed Soda that I was gonna go see what Steve was doing. Really just an excuse to see his hot body. I looked up to see him flirting with some girl at the cash register. I walked outside and casually into the garage. Steve was working underneath a car. I went up to the car hoping he didn't see me and hopped onto the back of the car. I heard a *bang* and looked down to see Steve roll out from underneath rubbing the red mark on his forehead. I hopped off the car and held my hands up to my face feeling guilty. Oh shit.

"I'm so sorry. I-I didn't mean too" I said worriedly. Steve just grinned trying not to laugh. "It's OK Nicole. I'm just surprised Soda hasn't told you I don't work well when a pretty girls in the room." I could feel my cheeks getting red. "Oh Steve" I playfully punched his chest "Can I getcha' some ice?" I said with a big smile on my face. He nodded. I walked back into the store, went to the freezer to get some ice. As I was walking passed I noticed Soda making out with a girl. She was sitting on the counter. Don't they know any public decency. "No baby making! Get your butt sweat off the counter while your at it." I called out. The girl just flipped me off. I walked out not wanting to waste my time on her. I didn't want to get Soda pissed either.

I entered the garage to give Steve his ice. "Shifts over Gorgeous." I smirked. "Already?" I laughed. I swear I could feel my smile touch each of my ears. We all walked out after locking up the DX and got in the truck. He jammed to some Elvis.

_______________

It was real late after we had ate dinner. We all went into the living room and played some games.
Johnny's parents were gonna kill him if he wasn't home by nine so, he left. Dallas hasn't appeared in days witch doesn't surprised anyone really. Two Bit was off drunk with a blonde somewhere. Darry went up to bed earlier cause he works so hard it basically puts him to sleep. Leaving Soda and Steve arm wrestling and Pony and I watching t.v together. We were sitting close to each other on the couch.
The boys finally stopped arm wrestling and got up. "Hey, Soda ya' mind if I crash here?" Steve asked. I looked over at them talking to each other. "I sure don't" I whispered to myself hoping no one else heard. Forgetting Pony and I were shoulder to shoulder he spoke. " You got a thing for good ole' Steve?" He shot me a confused look. "Maybe...Maybe not. Ok is too easy to tell?" I didn't want it to be so obvious. He chuckled. I just elbowed him in the gut.

I walked up stairs and into my room. I got changed into one of my over sized t-shirts. I closed the window that was letting in the cool breeze. I tiptoed  over to the light switch, when someone opened the door.

I looked up to see Steve there with a happy look on his face. "Iv'e been wanting to do this all day. " I smiled knowing exactly what he was going to do. He placed his hand on the back of my neck and leaned in for a kiss. A quick kiss that last about 5 seconds leaving me craving more. I opened my eyes and he was gone. I jumped back in bed ready to dream away. I only had one thing on my mind. Steve Randle.

-Sorry for an errors this is basically one of my first books so, bare with me. Its 12:00 and I'm so tired. Thanks for reading everyone. Stay Gold-