Back Again

"Seven billon smiles and yours is my favorite."
______________________
I opened my eyes, and stayed like that for a few minutes. I tried to make sense of what happened last night, smiling as the memories entered my mind. The sun was dappled through the window, streaming through. Birds sang happily from somewhere outside. I smiled to myself, sleepily.
"Hey," A familiar voice broke my thoughts.

I sat up looking over at Steve who laid there looking at me. I bent down and gave him a quick peck on the kiss. I wiped the sleepiness out of my eyes and got up. "I'm gonna go check on Soda." He nodded heading to the shower. I tiptoed downstairs to look for Soda.
Soda was laying on his stomach on the couch. I kneeled beside him and moved the stands of hairs on his forehead. "Hey Soda wanna get up?" "Mmmmmm." He mumbled. I kissed his cheek and walked back up stairs. I looked at the clock. It read 8:00 am. I heard the shower running so I went back downstairs and sat down.
*Ringgggggggg*
"Who's calling at this time?" I went over at the ringing phone and picked it up.
"Hello?" I asked the caller.
"Nicole! It's Pony, where were you last night?" He questioned back at me. "We stayed over at Steve's house." I grinned saying his name. "Mmmhmmm." I could feel him smirking through the phone. "Oh be quiet Pony we'll talk about it later." I playfully rolled my eyes.
_______________
We stayed at DX for a couple of hours. "Who wants to go have some fun tonight?" Steve shouted as he opened the door. Soda and I looked up from our game of arm wrestling. We agreed to meet the gang at Buck's house for some fun. Steve, Soda and I strolled in looking at all the bar filled with bodies all around. Right behind us came Two and Dally. Darry was working as always working witch made me feel bad. Ponyboy and Johnny were probably in the lot doing who knows what. Dally turned left and instantly started talking to some brunette. I just rolled my eyes again (out of habit). I looked over at Two who was already drunk laying on a table doubled over. I shook my head in laughter. Steve let go of my waist. "I'm gonna go play some poker with Soda kay'?" I nodded and kissed his cheek. "Don't do anything stupid." I pointed at him acting like a mom. He shortly left after that.
I walked over to pool table and grabbed a stick getting ready for a challenge. "Lookin for a partner?" A familiar voice spoke behind me. I turned looking for the man the voice belong to.

I turned towards the voice

I turned towards the voice. "Jack?Funny seeing you here?" I said trying to his a smile. "Small world. You know, I really thought out of all people I'd run run into you here." He smirked. "I had to get out of Boston. I could same the same about you." I spoke cunningly. We could barley hear each other over the loud raving sound. "Let me but you a drink and we could catch back on all the old memories." He said with a devilish smile on his face. I agreed and headed for the stools. The music was turned down into slow soft songs.

"So..how's life treatin' ya?" He asked taking a sip of his beer.
"Pretty good." I keep my answer short for some reason. I never really was the one for long conversations but not small talk either. I looked around the crowd trying to find Steve. "Remember that time where you and I---" I cupped my hand over his mouth.
"Can we not talk about that?" I asked worriedly. He furrowed his eyebrows. I removed my hand from his mouth to let him speak. "Everyone's got a dirty or rather...bloody secret Nicole." I rolled my eyes. "I know but I'm really trying to forget about it ok?" I said with a concerned look. He just put his hands up in a surrendering motion. "You really should've seen the look on on your faces when you..." I quickly interrupted him by saying "More beer?" Making a gesture towards his drink. He looked down realizing his glass was half empty. Just then I felt a hand on my back and a kiss on cheek. I looked up to see Steve. Relief filled my body. "And who might you be?" Steve said with a fake smile. Jack took a sip of his beer and looked up at Steve. "How about you ask Nicole?" He said vigorously. I kicked him. "Steve meet Jack, Jack meet Steve. He's an friend I used to go to school with in Boston." Steve just shook his head with a straight face. "Friend is an understatement if you ask me." Jack said under his breath so only I could hear him. I kicked him once again. "I should get going it's pretty late." Jack spoke. "Smart choice." Steve said. "It's a really pleasure seeing ya...both." With his devilish smile he left without another word. I think I could say I was happy when he did. Jack always brought out the worst in my and I wasn't ready for that. We were the dynamic duo back then. It had been two years since I'd seen him.
We grabbed Soda and Two bit and headed out the door. We knew Dallas was either going home with a girl or staying at Bucks. I started shivering as we left. The cold air smacked me in the face. "Here babe take my sweatshirt." Steve kindly offered. "Thank you baby." I kissed him as I put on his sweatshirt. It smelled so good. I looked down on the sleeve at a chocolate cake stain. I laughed thinking of how that got there.
________________________
I sat in the passengers seat of the truck as we heading to my house. I missed Pony and Darry a lot. We pulled up to the house within 10 minutes. Steve came and opened the door for me. "Such a gentleman." I placed my hand on his chest as leaned in and kissed me. Next thing I knew we were making out leaning on the car. "We want her back at some point Steve." Soda yelled from the porch. We giggled breaking the kiss. Steve  left with Two returning him home. I waved at the truck left sight. Darry insisted on making dinner but I wasn't hungry. I sat down next to Ponyboy.
"Hey Pone." He looked up from his book and into my eyes. "Hey I was thinking, you wanna go to the movies after lunch tomorrow?" "Why not?" I hugged him tightly before heading upstairs. As I entered the hallway Darry stopped me. "Hey Kiddo did you wanna ever tell me where you were going last night?" I turned around facing him. I was too tired to put up a fight. "Sorry Dar' I'll tell ya next time." I walked into my room and changed into my pjs. I laid Steve sweatshirt on my dresser so I didn't get it dirty. I heard a tapping on my window. I walked over to look out and see Johnny shivering in the cold. "Johnny what are you doing get your butt up here you'll freeze to death." I demanding him. He climbed up my window like he always did when he wanted company but, this time I don't think it was the same reason.

"Johnnycakes are you ok?" I worried

"Johnnycakes are you ok?" I worried. "My folks are arguing and I can only take so many hits in one night." He shrugged. I put my hands around him in a tight hug. "Johnny, you know you can always come here if you don't feel welcome at home." I felt a tear drop from my face. I wiped it away hoping he didn't see it. "I'll go see if Pony will trade places with me to sleep with Johnny. I tiptoed into Pony and Soda's room. It was dark so I tried not to trip over anything. I knelt down by the bed and tugged on Pony's arm. "Nicole! What time is it?" Pony whisper yelled at me. "Pony it's Johnny..you mind sleeping in my bed with him? It wouldn't be weird." He agreed so I said goodnight to both of them and slipped in bed next to Soda. He was fast asleep. My eyes flickered into darkness due to exhaustion. I slept like a baby.

-thanks for reading, stay gold:)  -